New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in South Jordan
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Basic but clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

The room was plenty large it had a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker, the pool and hot tub looked nice we did not use. for the money it was nice.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Guelph, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2011

I had the opportunity to stay at this motel on two occassions over a week's period. The first time was a nightmare on registration as the reservation had been screwed up and I had a terrible time getting the desk crew to straighten it out. The second time was 6 days later when I was assigned the same room which had no coffeee maker and it took 3 calls to the front desk to get one over a 2 day period. The lampshade was broken in several places. Shampoo was not replaced in the shower after it had been used. Towels were worn and torn.It had the worst sitting leisure chair I have ever sat in. The room had a perpetual smell of stale smoke even though it was a non-smoking room and area of the motel. The breakfast was , at best, a joke.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Sandy, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2011

we try to stay at super 8's but this one has been the worst one yet this trip. Desk person was good & helpful. The room was big, but the ac wouldn't work right & the fan sounded like a jet engine when it came on. This is Jan. with snow on the ground couldn't open a window to cool off. The bed has a plastic sheet under it so we sweated during the night. At about 11:30pm I had to call the desk because people were laughing & carrying on next door but sounded like they were in our room. We could hear people above us moving around & people coughing. Very good pool & very hot spa. Not much of a breakfast, stale old pastries & not many of them.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2010

I was really impressed with this Super 8. I tend to stay alot at Super 8's and this one was definitely the best one I have stayed at. Very clean, nicely remodeled, very fair price less then $55, and a very polite and friendly desk clerk. They also had nicer shower amenities then I have seen at other Super 8's like big bars of San Fransico Company Soaps.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2010

My wife and I have just returned from our first annual Ski trip. It was our second time in Utah to ski and this motel was super-cheap for our 2 week stay.

It's located just off junction 293 of the I-15, which is a very busy place to be. It seemed that whenever we were coming or going the road/junction was stupidly heavily jammed. In order to access the motel from a southbound direction(i.e. returning from almost all of the ski resorts), a u-turn has to be performed, which could stress some drivers out.

In terms of the distance from the ski hills: Sundance 35 mins, Alta/Snowbird 45 mins, Park City 40 mins, Solitude/Brighton 50 mins, Snowbasin 60 mins, Powder Mountain 75 mins.

Local facilities are excellent. The South Towne Centre is 5 mins away and has loads of shops and restaurants. SLC is about a 15 min drive.

The motel itself is pretty much as you'd expect: Clean and basic. We were given a room with a microwave and 'fridge(very handy). The shower was powerful, a pleasant change. Coffee and pastries were free in the reception area for breakfast. TV had about 40 channels - no ski specific channel though :(

A Dennys is about 200 yards away for the lazy and hungry,

Personally, we will not be staying at this motel again. The reason is purely down to location - the I-15 is a nightmare road. The drivers are terrible and it was a stressful experience getting to and from the hill every day. The motel itself is fine though.

Also: Road and train noise can be an issue. The train was VERY loud.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
South Fork, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2009

I had booked a trip to spend overnight in Salt Lake for my nieces baby shower through Travelocity's website. Our flight was 2 hours late in leaving, so I called the Super 8 number listed on my confirmation and was told not a problem, the room had been prepaid and was available upon my arrival. Then I learned that they had a shuttle to get me from the airport to the hotel. I was thrilled to save the cab fare.

Unfortunately, Super 8 had connected me with the wrong hotel. They gave me the airport location, and not the S. Jordan location which is where I was booked, and because I had prepaid it, there was no switching the hotel. I also had to take a cab between locations because no shuttle was available and it wasn't my mistake. That cost me $55. Arriving at the correct location in South Jordan, the gentleman at the counter wasn't very friendly, and didn't explain very well the paperwork I was signing, so I had to ask about my card being billed again and why the credit card slip he had attached to it had nothing on it. I wasn't comfortable with a blank credit card receipt being attached to my paperwork. Finally I got my key and headed to my room. The room itself was nice, clean, didn't smell like smoke, and it was in a quiet area. The next mornings continental style breakfast was sufficient and it turned into a great trip.

I would like to thank the Super 8 airport location for doing their best to try to find me means of transportation, calling the cab for me, and doing their best to help....thank you!!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Rock Springs Wyoming
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2009

If you are planning to stay at this Hotel have an attorney ready; expect to be harassed and possibly arrested; and you must love the smells of strange cooking odors and overbearing swimming pool chlorine gas.

The following is a copy of the last of several emails that were exchanged after I had the regrettable experience of TRYING to staying at this hotel, read mine and other reviews and you will begin to see a pattern, the management of this hotel needs to be changed before THEY harm someone.

To:

Mary Job,

Customer Care Director of Super 8 Hotels

I attempted to have my attorney Mr******** speak and resolve this with hotel management, where upon I made a request that the following information be made available to me: Information regarding the 72 y/o woman/witnesses, (whom I am being told is a semi-permanent guest there, strange indeed) along with the hotel surveillance tapes, from that morning and the previous night, as well as the call log, and all employee’s names, both those who took the reservations over the phone and the young man who checked me in. In addition, the housekeeping staff who for some strange reason found it necessary to conduct either a religious (or sexual) ceremony outside my door shortly after the second 8 AM harassing phone call.

I believe we will both find out very quickly after viewing and listening to the tapes who is lying---for I sense you believe them and not me. After this matter has been resolved as legal matter, (for a police report has been filed) I will file a civil action suit against you and this your independently owned franchise on a number of counts, not the least being I did not give you permission to send them my email address, and thus they have continued to harass me, and over what I might add!

They acted poorly, then wrongly, and I have as a (now former) customer literally spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of night in hotels, including many in your properties, all without ever having a single incident at any hotel except this one! I have the receipts, business records, and proof of my integrity and yet it is strange how all of a sudden they (and now you) feel I am trying to cheat them, when in fact it is me who has been cheated out of my time, peace of mind, and sense of well-being and am being harassed, by this hotel!

This entire incident is as ridiculous as them calling me a 4:58 AM asking me to explain to them, their check-in procedures and mistakes, (if in fact any were actually made, for they had my credit card information, the same card I have used hundreds of times without there ever being a problem.) It was extremely asinine then to continue this behavior for a third time upon my trying to checkout and then to allow some stranger to intervene in their defense. Their incessant need to blame me, (and apparently this is still there position) suggests a badly operated business, not very conducive to any repeat business, and certainly not when combined with all that has occurred since I first called to report this behavior/incident.

I well imagine the tourist industry will be next in line for a bailout, if this is the way your corporation operates its businesses, independent or otherwise, for is it not YOUR name is on the marquee? I feel I have been used and/or misled by your customer service; used as a screening and/or feedback device that in reality only serves the needs and benefits only Super 8. In fact you have not resolved any of this, only exacerbated the situation, along with giving them my Email address (without my permission). Is this some form of entertainment for you, because it is not helpful to me the customer, and seems beneficial only to you! Please do not operate under the guise of being ‘customer service’ while using me (and others) to evaluate your properties and thus pull your “Weeds” for you. It is not fair; it is misleading, and wrong, especially when you have done nothing to resolve the situation, except hand out my email address in order for me to be further harangued and harassed… and now being told by YOU, I need to clean up the additional mess!

I strongly urge that you find a way to resolve this matter immediately, for I will NOT expend anymore time or energy or additional money on the errors made by these incompetent persons who are trying to absolve themselves at my expense… not without legally pursuing monetary compensation for damages, in other words, I will sue! I am told I will have a very strong case, if the tapes are accurate, which I have no doubt as they are, and these individuals will perjure themselves along with the alleged “72 y/o woman, (most likely a 40 y/o prostitute sleeping in the lobby”) who magically aged 30 plus years from the time of the tape until now?

I want an apology and the police notified a mistake was made and I am in no way involved in any wrongdoing, and I want proof this matter has be resolved so that I am free to visit SLC, UT without fear of retribution via any local Law Enforcement upon checking into any hotel. I have copies of the numerous threats sent to me claiming they have notified the police, (and now filed a criminal report) along with the statement that other hotels have been notified as well and that I have been put on a long list of hotels for which I am to be Blacklisted!

Upon reviewing my records I see I have stayed at this hotel at least once before within the last two years and without incident, and have stayed numerous other times at the SLEEP INN right next door. Please take a long look at this RECENT review on Trip Advisor, (which I often use, and believe me I will be placing a review not as favorable). I believe you will see a pattern here, incompetent help at night and ferociously unfriendly, in fact threatening management in the morning!

The "swimming pool smell" is overbearing and might in fact be enough PPM (parts per million) to be toxic, this was the worst and most bizarre experience i have ever encountered in my many years of traveling, here and abroad!

Be afraid be very afraid... might well become the new tag line for SUPER 8... aka SUPER BATES HOTEL!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
1.3 km away
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan, UT
3.7 km away
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

Been to Super 8 S Jordan/Sandy/SLC Area? Share your experiences!