“Porta-Pottys are Cleaner”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in South Jordan
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Porta-Pottys are Cleaner”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Do not stay here unless u want to VOMIT in your mouth. Holes in the towels, disgusting smell, walls have FOREIGN substances everywhere, hair on the bathroom floor and in bathtub, did I mention the SMELL? I asked for a different room but the rude lady said they were completely booked, funny because I only saw about 15 cars in the parking lot the whole time and there were at least 50 rooms. Do not under any circumstance stay at this crappy excuse for a roof over your head, you would be better off sleeping in your car. If you do make sure you check for bed bugs.

Room Tip: check for bedbugs
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank kelannbry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 23 March 2011

The room was plenty large it had a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker, the pool and hot tub looked nice we did not use. for the money it was nice.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I had the opportunity to stay at this motel on two occassions over a week's period. The first time was a nightmare on registration as the reservation had been screwed up and I had a terrible time getting the desk crew to straighten it out. The second time was 6 days later when I was assigned the same room which had no coffeee maker and it took 3 calls to the front desk to get one over a 2 day period. The lampshade was broken in several places. Shampoo was not replaced in the shower after it had been used. Towels were worn and torn.It had the worst sitting leisure chair I have ever sat in. The room had a perpetual smell of stale smoke even though it was a non-smoking room and area of the motel. The breakfast was , at best, a joke.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed 13 January 2011

we try to stay at super 8's but this one has been the worst one yet this trip. Desk person was good & helpful. The room was big, but the ac wouldn't work right & the fan sounded like a jet engine when it came on. This is Jan. with snow on the ground couldn't open a window to cool off. The bed has a plastic sheet under it so we sweated during the night. At about 11:30pm I had to call the desk because people were laughing & carrying on next door but sounded like they were in our room. We could hear people above us moving around & people coughing. Very good pool & very hot spa. Not much of a breakfast, stale old pastries & not many of them.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 10 June 2010

I was really impressed with this Super 8. I tend to stay alot at Super 8's and this one was definitely the best one I have stayed at. Very clean, nicely remodeled, very fair price less then $55, and a very polite and friendly desk clerk. They also had nicer shower amenities then I have seen at other Super 8's like big bars of San Fransico Company Soaps.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2010

My wife and I have just returned from our first annual Ski trip. It was our second time in Utah to ski and this motel was super-cheap for our 2 week stay.

It's located just off junction 293 of the I-15, which is a very busy place to be. It seemed that whenever we were coming or going the road/junction was stupidly heavily jammed. In order to access the motel from a southbound direction(i.e. returning from almost all of the ski resorts), a u-turn has to be performed, which could stress some drivers out.

In terms of the distance from the ski hills: Sundance 35 mins, Alta/Snowbird 45 mins, Park City 40 mins, Solitude/Brighton 50 mins, Snowbasin 60 mins, Powder Mountain 75 mins.

Local facilities are excellent. The South Towne Centre is 5 mins away and has loads of shops and restaurants. SLC is about a 15 min drive.

The motel itself is pretty much as you'd expect: Clean and basic. We were given a room with a microwave and 'fridge(very handy). The shower was powerful, a pleasant change. Coffee and pastries were free in the reception area for breakfast. TV had about 40 channels - no ski specific channel though :(

A Dennys is about 200 yards away for the lazy and hungry,

Personally, we will not be staying at this motel again. The reason is purely down to location - the I-15 is a nightmare road. The drivers are terrible and it was a stressful experience getting to and from the hill every day. The motel itself is fine though.

Also: Road and train noise can be an issue. The train was VERY loud.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
South Fork, Colorado
Reviewed 23 August 2009

I had booked a trip to spend overnight in Salt Lake for my nieces baby shower through Travelocity's website. Our flight was 2 hours late in leaving, so I called the Super 8 number listed on my confirmation and was told not a problem, the room had been prepaid and was available upon my arrival. Then I learned that they had a shuttle to get me from the airport to the hotel. I was thrilled to save the cab fare.

Unfortunately, Super 8 had connected me with the wrong hotel. They gave me the airport location, and not the S. Jordan location which is where I was booked, and because I had prepaid it, there was no switching the hotel. I also had to take a cab between locations because no shuttle was available and it wasn't my mistake. That cost me $55. Arriving at the correct location in South Jordan, the gentleman at the counter wasn't very friendly, and didn't explain very well the paperwork I was signing, so I had to ask about my card being billed again and why the credit card slip he had attached to it had nothing on it. I wasn't comfortable with a blank credit card receipt being attached to my paperwork. Finally I got my key and headed to my room. The room itself was nice, clean, didn't smell like smoke, and it was in a quiet area. The next mornings continental style breakfast was sufficient and it turned into a great trip.

I would like to thank the Super 8 airport location for doing their best to try to find me means of transportation, calling the cab for me, and doing their best to help....thank you!!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1.4 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City / Sandy
0.6 km away
Holiday Inn - South Jordan - SLC South

Been to Super 8 S Jordan/Sandy/SLC Area? Share your experiences!