“Beautiful and Elegant”
other travellers have booked this property
A Modern yet Woodsy Home
An Open Interior that Feels Cozy Too A Modern Kitchen, All Granite, Top Appliances
Check Availability
Master Bedroom Walks Out to Private Covered Deck Overlooking Stream
Master Bath with Clear Cedar Lined Shower, Natural Stone/Granite
Covered Deck off Master Bedroom Looks Directly Down on Stream
The Tower Bedroom, Two Twin Beds, Private Deck, High Up in Firs
Private Deck off Tower Bedroom Open and Sunny Looks Down on Stream 25 Feet Below
Looking Down on Open Living Room from Tower Bedroom
The Main Facade of the House Directly Looks Down on the Stream with Lovely Windows
Dining and Cookout Deck has Lovely Gas Grill and Bar Seating Overlooking Stream
The Stream Running Through - Year Round - Icy Beauty in Winter, Natural Cooling in Summer
A Straight On View of the House through the Trees Across the Stream via Glass Bridge
The Stream Tumbles Down the Mountain Seemingly Heading for the Front Door
Large Natural Stone Parking for Two Cars
Our Stream - A Few Hundred Feet Below the House Runs Through the Sundance Resort Center
The Hot Tub - Heated Mats Lead Through Snowbanks for a Lovely Winter (or Summer) Break
An Evening View Showing the Cooking/Dining Deck
From about 150 Feet Away You See the Stream As It Winds Through the Woods Toward the House
Here You See the Beautiful Hot Tub Which Sits Just off the Deck
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Jazzman71
“Beautiful and Elegant ”
Reviewed June 24, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Wow, just enchanting we enjoyed it so much. To be next to Robert Redford resort was fantastic. The Experience of being here was breathtaking and Romantic.

25 Jun 2018
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Thank you!
ldk19
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Beautiful home and wonderful location”
Reviewed August 7, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

My husband and I stayed for one week and had a wonderful time. Beautifully appointed home and very clean. Kitchen was well stocked with basic spices and good supply of pans for cooking - no need to go out with such a beautiful stream side location to dine at just outside your door. The owner responded quickly to our minor questions. We enjoyed the multiple areas to relax with a book inside and out. Also wonderful hiking nearby as well as biking and zip lining at Sundance, just a short walk away . We definitely hope to return!

nwinn0810
Chapman Ranch, Texas
“Clean and well equipped”
Reviewed September 17, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Loved the cleanliness, the well equipped kitchen and the flowing stream. More suitable for families rather than 2 couples over 60, because of stairs. My least favorite thing was the master bedroom bed. Needs to be flipped or replaced.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
18 Sep 2016
Thanks for the feedback on the mattress. It's relatively new and a prominent brand - which indicates to me that not all mattresses are good for five years like they'd want you to believe. We're replacing it this week.
Laurel L
Shanghai, China
“A beautiful, peaceful and comfortable cabin”
Reviewed August 7, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

We are a family of six and wanted to relax after attending a large extended family reunion. This was the perfect place!! We ate, read, played board games, rode the ski lift, hiked, relaxed in the hot tub, and attended a performance at the Sundance Outdoor theater. This cabin is well advertised. We stayed two nights and wish we could have stayed a lot longer. I would highly recommend this place.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
JDm452
Grootschermer, The Netherlands
“Beautiful house, downstairs is a bit dark”
Reviewed May 22, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

This is a beautiful house.
I love the lay out with all the staircases.

The floor heating is wonderful and so is the fireplace.
Bed was great, WiFi is fast.

There are really trees all around and they are very tall.
One consequence is that the lower part of the house is quite dark even though the windows are very large.

TV is perfect with over 200 channels.
I had read in one of the reviews that it would be hard to figure it out.
Before I arrived I wrote a (worried) email to David about that and he reassured me that it wasn't that complicated, told me which button(s) to push *and* left the manual open on the page with the instructions.
Very nice!

I also appreciated that the owner left me alone (I had let him know that I preferred privacy) but he did send me an email on the day before I was supposed to leave to ask if I had enjoyed myself.
Also very nice!

I had hoped to see more wildlife than the occasional - very cute - squirrel.
One who seemed very pregnant could be seen several times a day munching on a pine cone on one of the steps of the hot tub (which I didn't use btw).
But as the experts say 'bears are where they find you' in other words: you either are lucky and you see wildlife or you don't.

Also I had hoped to be able to sit on one of the beautiful balconies and relax (these were the last few days of my trip and I felt like taking it easy).
Unfortunately the weather was bad so nothing came of that either.
But that's the same as with the wildlife - you can hope but there is nothing you can do.

Travelling group: Solo
25 May 2015
We're glad you enjoyed the house even during the (possibly) rainiest two week stretch we've ever had. I'd like to say that contributed a lot to your perspective that the main floor of the house is dark. We're surrounded by firs and when the sun is shining you get beautiful dappled sunlight in the house. When we built the house we put in as much glass as we could to capture it. But on the few days when it's cloudy/stormy/rainy.......Thanks for all the feedback about your stay - we appreciate it - David
Teri R
“Perfect Getaway”
Reviewed April 13, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

We were looking for a quiet getaway in the mountains without sacrificing amenities and this place was PERFECT. Being in the hospitality industry I am a tough critic and was so pleased with every aspect of this home - beds were very comfortable, linens were amazing (we even noted the brand and went out to purchase our own), kitchen was FULLY equipped with high quality items, electronics were easy to use and top of the line, etc. We lacked for nothing - except more time! Everything from booking, coordinating details, additional information was a flawless process. We travel constantly and usually would prefer something out of state but we will be returning at the first opportunity - we loved every second.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
DawnaElli...
“Tranquil treehouse cabin in the perfect location!”
Reviewed January 21, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

We had the best experience & stay at Windows on the Water at Sundance. Comfy beds, serene surroundings, little gourmet kitchen, seperate space for us & our teenagers & big hot tub; perfect after a long day of skiing. The location is within walking distance of the resort (it's a super quick drive down too which we did daily to get on the ski hill) but tucked away from the masses. David, the owner, made sure he was available for any questions or needs. Never needed him as the cabin was well-stocked with everything you could ever think of...toiletries, robes for the hot tub, dish soap, spices, cooking supplies galore, if you think of it, it's already there. Great location & beautiful space. We will definitely be back!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing