Econo Lodge Downtown
US$67
Sage Motel(Vernal)
US$54
US$50
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesironing boardflat screen tvexcellent amenitiesheritage museumstay there againnothing fancyroadside motelfree wifiking roomstaff was very friendlyshopping and restaurantsgreat pricelow pricestayed two nightsflaming gorge
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Another average hotel on a budget. Although this one did have laundry that we needed and that was welcome, the room was fairly old and a slight smell but have stayed in worse.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2010

I have been there for especially with business purpose and decided to stay there and i think i got right decison its nice & enough room with 32 inch flat screen T V & its nice and quite accomdation.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank 60922David
Reviewed September 10, 2010

The bed was as hard as if we slept on the floor. The room smelled very musty. Luckily we always bring along a Fabreez candle. I would only stay there again if there wasn't anywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Don't let the exterior fool you, you'll be pleasantly surprised. I called the Choice Hotel phone line (for each 2 stays (max 4) you get a $50 gift card for Chili's restaurant if you reserve on line or call. This hotel is located in Vernal, UT close to Flaming Gorge National Reservoir and Dinosaur National Monument. For $60 (included tax) we were pleasantly surprised. The Motel is nothing to look at, believe me I wouldn't have given it a second glance but the Trip Advisor reviews were OK. I was lucky to get a non-smoking handicapped room (last non-smoking left). What a nice suprise. It was very clean, TV, WiFi, Contental breakfast (nothing special), iron, ironing board, frig, microwave and king bed, but no newspaper. I slept very well.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Gumbylives10
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Where do I begin..... 1. I booked this room because I was traveling with a toy dog. I went online and this was one of the two hotels in this town that allows pets. The hotel clerk accused me of sneaking my pet into the hotel. (Even though I was walking him around the building on and off the entire stay.) I NEVER would have stayed at this establishment if I did not need pet friendly accommodations. 2. The front desk person is SO RUDE! I booked this hotel by calling the 800 number on the website. Apparently this as an issue for the front desk person. He speaks very little English and acts as though he is doing you a HUGE favor by allowing you into his hotel. (Snide tones and dirty looks even..) We decided to leave one day early and he told me I had to call the 800 number and get my money back from them.. (Is this not one company?!) Rather than tracking someone down for reimbursement we stayed. With that it was an issue to get housekeeping service. The housekeeping staff was genuinely nice. However, they speak NO English. Kind of hard to communicate what you want done with NO way to communicate.. They did a good job considering what they had to work with. 3.The rooms are SO old and disgusting. Above the shower the ceiling is black (Mold?) and it looks as though the ceiling was going to cave in. The carpets are dirty and VERY smelly! You could tell someone used Lysol right before we got there. The microwave and coffee maker sounded like they were going to blow up. The "flat screen" television cut in and out and was not in good picture quality. Beds were VERY old and uncomfortable. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone!! There is another pet friendly hotel in Vernal it HAS to be better than his place.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends