All reviewswinter havensweet dreamsmike nancycookieswine or beerbed and breakfastsoft sheetsheated bathroom floorsguest experiencefront porchcountry gardensoaking tubeach morningb bsappalachian trailour room was spaciousthought of everything
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My daughter was playing in an Ultimate Frisbee tournament at Dartmouth so my wife and I decided to drive up for the tournament and stay at the Maple Leaf Inn fro the weekend. Once again Nancy and Mike made us feel at home. Mike was very helpful in providing directions to both Dartmouth and our daughter's motel. Nancy's breakfast was so good that we lingered over it long enough to miss the first game of the day. This is definitely a B&B I would stay at again and recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrmoore0722
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We had terrible weather but staying here at the MLI was a highlight of the trip especially if you are like us and looking for a peaceful getaway in a natural setting after a busy day. It has a wonderful porch and despite the bad weather I sat out there with coffee/tea and heard several woodland songbirds and hummingbirds. We stayed in Winter Haven. It is in the front of the house over the parlor. I loved the wooded view from all the 6 large windows out onto the trees/yard. The bed was very comfortable, with super soft sheets, great pillows.The sheets are so luxurious you are almost afraid to use them. The fireplace worked great and was cleaned out and set up daily. Probably the only effort required in this room was turning one of the heavy wingback chairs to view the TV / fire if you desired. However, these wingbacks were also lovely recliners so we were happy to make that effort. The color scheme is light and calming in Winter Haven. There is a TV cabinet with drawers for storage plus a closet. There is a very large jacuzzi type tub that has the shower in it. If you don't absolutely have to have that then all of the other rooms are also gorgeous choices.The room was overall quiet, you will occasionally hear some bathroom/water sounds but nothing out of the ordinary that you wouldn't hear at any inn. I had the opportunity to check out each room throughout the week as they became available. Summer Retreat is like Winter Haven in terms of the 6 windows with wooded views, but actually a bit more spacious. It is in the front of the house with gorgeous light, situated over the library. No tub, but a great bathroom with a window. The room is blues and whites. I quickly looked at Spiring Hollow. Great furniture. I loved the colors, and the chairs are right by the fireplace which is nice. It is towards the back/side of the house and also has windows overlooking the forest trees/yard. I would stay in that room. Autumn Woods is a charmer!! It has an awesome bathroom with a window, plus several windows in the room. It is towards the back/side of the inn, situated over the dining room so Im sure is a nice quiet room all day long once the breakfast is over. Beautiful antiques and furniture in that room. Country Garden is towards the back/side of the inn on the first floor and is very spacious. For someone in a wheelchair you can access it by a ramp then go across the wide accessible porch and then the room is on the first floor of the inn with its own door. (I forgot to look at the door threshold-you could call). The bathroom is accessible, with a tubseat and grab bars and a small lip at the stall shower entrance. Im so glad they offer this! I assumed the two third floor rooms would be small since they are cheaper. Not so!!! They do not have the fireplaces but they are still lovely rooms, with fantastic private baths, sitting areas, and windows into the lawn and forest one to the front and morning glory to the back. I can imagine being on the third floor that they would be SUPER quiet and private. The stairs to get up are wide, carpeted, and easily managed. Long story short ---you can't get a bad room at this inn!! I want to try each and every one, probably next will try Summer Retreat and Autumn Woods. Also, Nancy's breakfasts are great and filling, the first course is always a mystery as to what it will be and is just delicious (sticky bun, unusual muffin, polenta, homemade granola and yogurt etc), second course is fresh fruit thankfully, and third course is a filling full breakfast in and of itself, with items like egg souffle, stuffed frenchtoast, clove waffles etc with side of meat and homemade biscuits and jam. And Mike is a perfect server and fun to have in the dining room, with good conversation and updates/pictures/advice etc. There is a 24 hour coffee and teabag/loose tea station which I took advantage of several times. There are homemade cookies in the afternoon, and late night packaged snacks/soda etc if you get hungry/thirsty. I purchased and took home a mug to remind me of that gorgeous dining room (little oak tables for two a table for four) and the good feelings at breakfast, but you will leave with a little something with the MLI Inn written on it, I promise you. Enjoy! Can't wait to go back....

Room Tip: All the rooms are great - see my review for full details
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VermontLovers
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed here last fall for first time in several years, only a few weeks after hurricane came through and dumped way too much rain veerywhere, but absolutely as good as first time, nothing is overlooked on your stay and they REALLY take care of you. On a scale of 1 to 10, we would rate this at least 12!!!!

Room Tip: Stay here....you won't regret it....
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank indychowhound
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Maple Leaf Inn and we were extremely pleased with the room, the inn overall, and the service. I'm usually partial to B&Bs with some great architectural pedigree--old buildings rescued from destruction by a new economic purpose and with lots of old stories to tell. The Maple Leaf was built in 1994, but it's nevertheless a handsome structure.
In addition to well-appointed rooms, it boasts modern insulation and what appear to be some thoughtful building practices. The charm is all in the furnishings and decorating, which are well above average.
We stayed in the Autumn Leaf room, which has a big bathroom. The radiant heat in the bathroom floor is very responsive--you can dial up the warmth and immediately feel it. The room itself has a grand king-size bed with a high quality mattress. The design of the building allows for windows on three sides of the room, which gives it a larger feel and a great connection with the weather. Like many rooms, it has a working fireplace.
Mike and Nancy were very welcoming, and have a great approach to service. Little things are taken care of before you notice--there's a fire laid in the fireplace, beds are turned down while you go to dinner, and towels are replaced in the bathroom.Snacks and coffee are always available, and the common rooms of the inn have a good variety of entertainments. We felt both cared for and at ease during our short stay.
The breakfast is excellent, and we left feeling buoyant and refreshed. I highly recommend the Inn, and note that Barnard is in a nice, central location for roaming about Vermont.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at The Maple Leaf Inn. The inn is located in a convenient location. It is nearby places to hike, eat, shop and sightsee. The inn is exceptionally clean, the food served each morning was delicious, and Mike and Nancy were very welcoming and friendly. I have stayed at several B&B's, and this is easily in my top 3 favorites. I definitely recommend staying at The Maple Leaf Inn!

Room Tip: Autumn Woods was a wonderful Room!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple