“What happened to one of my favorite restaurants? it was terrible” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rattlesnake Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Schenectady, New York
“What happened to one of my favorite restaurants? it was terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

One of my favorite restaurants to stop at in Bennington on my way home from Rutland or Manchester was the Rattlesnake Cafe. I went last night with my family (table of 4) and i was very disappointed. It appears that there is new ownership or a new chef as the food was not nearly as fresh or good. The always reliable chicken fingers that my son orders looked like ground up sawdust that was pressed together and deep fried. Maybe it was a bad night, but the overall quality of the food was not up to their old standards.

• Visited December 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

Let's face it. Bennington VT is kind of an armpit. My husband and I were visiting family there and were looking to go out on dates at night. Rattlesnake Cafe is one of possibly 6 or 7 places I'd consider going to in town. We liked Rattlesnake Cafe so much we went twice while visiting. The fresh salsa is soooo good. Very fresh! Margaritas were good. Prices are a little expensive. Atmosphere was great, especially for Bennington! The bartender was great too! I recommend :)

• Visited July 2011
Bennington, Vermont
“One Word...."Sangria!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2009

This place is a local favorite, expect a wait on the weekends. Margaritas and Sangrias will help you through the wait. The fajita burritos are great, order them smothered.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
CA
“A Great Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2009

We had a great meal here in October, 2009. Great margaritas and wonderful Mexican food. We're from southern California and thought that the food was as good, or better, than the Mexican food that we have had at home. I can't say enough about how great our waitress/bartender Michelle was. She made us feel welcome and suggested some great places for coffee and breakfast the next morning. The restaurant and Michelle made our Bennington stop memorable!!

Burlington, Canada
“Mexico in Vermont”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2009

We had a great time at this restaurant. We arrived around 6pm on a saturday, there were a couple of patrons, but once we left, it was full. Staff is very friendly. Very nice selection of local microbreweries, could not figure out which out to have, so the waitress brought me 3 samples to choose from. Once we arrived, a basket of nachos was provided, the salsa is slightly hot. I had the chicken burrito, it was not spicy at all, so if you want it hot tell the waitress, my wife had the mollee enchiladae, which she found a little too hot, but great, our little one had the tacos from the kids menu. All the portions are huge, especially the kid's meal, which would pass for an adult meal. We had the fried ice cream for dessert, it was also great.

1 Thank agac