“Superb!”
Review of Honey Road

Honey Road
Ranked #24 of 244 Restaurants in Burlington
Reviewed November 10, 2017

This is my favorite restaurant in Burlington, a city with a number of excellent restaurants. The food at Honey Road is so impressive - imaginative combinations, delicious flavors, beautiful presentations. Last night, we had the muhammara with walnuts and beets and housemade pita to start, then shared the dolma, the kale salad with tahini-yogurt vinaigrette and crunchy quinoa, the roasted cauliflower with preserved lemon, the sweet harissa chicken wings, crispy potatoes with spicy tomato sauce, and a yummy dessert that was kind of like baklava wrapped in filo dough drizzled with chocolate. Can't forget the wine - Cabernet Franc served by the glass. Everything was beyond wonderful. Service, as always, was excellent - intelligent, informed professionals who care about their customers and take pride both in the restaurant and in doing a topnotch job . I cannot wait to return.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

My fiancé and I had no plans to eat dinner in Burlington, VT, when it began to rain. We ducked into Honey Road for a quick drink to wait out the downpour and ordered drinks and since it was "Honey hour" (happy hour) we ordered 2 appetizers: wings and hummus. Sounds mundane, but the hummus was served with the lightest fluffiest pita, warm from the oven, a surprising treat. Then came the wings; gooey, spicy but sweet, a very surprising unexpected flavor for such typical bar fare. On the strength of those dishes we decided to stay for dinner. The barkeep and the waitress both recommended the grilled octopus plate and the lamb shoulder, and for good reason. Each dish was perfectly prepared and blended with exotic flavors and textures. What an incredible treat to have such an outstanding dining experience on a rainy day! I've had the good fortune to eat a a few Michelin star restaurants, and our meal at Honey Road was on par with those restaurants.

Reviewed November 5, 2017

Had a wonderful meal here last Thursday! We enjoyed a wonderful variety of different dishes which were absolutely delicious! The service was wonderful as well. Can’t wait to go back, thank you!

Reviewed October 31, 2017

We met friends for dinner at Honey Road before a Flynn performance. The food was great - wonderful flavor and presentation. The portions are small, but pricey. The restaurant fills a menu gap in Burlington; glad to now have this option. We'll go back on occasion, but this won't be one of our regular dinner stops.

Reviewed October 26, 2017

Met friends who were fans of Honey Road here and was quite pleasantly surprised. Mediterranean food, great variety, well prepared. Some dishes were new for me, and the "glossary" provided on the menu was appreciated. Server was also helpful, giving me an overview and recommendations about portion sizes, etc. The spices and flavors were terrific. I had two small plates (she suggested getting 3 or 4 - and that was my only slight negative. Would have gotten expensive for my budget). But I was fine with two and a shared pita (excellent) and dip. As a local, this is a VERY welcome addition to Church Street and downtown in general. I will be back.