“Fabulous Hot Pot”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
NY
“Fabulous Hot Pot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

My wife and daughter had eaten here prior, and they raved about the Hot Pot. It was amazing! It was filled with lobster, shrimp, scallops, mussels, fish, and veggies. It reminded me of Bouillibase.

We also had rainbow noodles which came with an excellent spicy tuna maki.

I had a dry cold sake which was perfect with the food.

We'd go back in a heartbeat!

1 Thank Emdoctor

• Korean first
Toronto, Canada
“Slow service and worst than average fusian Asian food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

My family and I went to the Asiana Noodle shop on a Thursday night on May 10th around 7:15pm. The place was packed with young people. The restaurant is in the basement on Church street padestrian area. The place can sit about 30 people. There were some people in the line up waiting. From the outside, it looked very appealing.

I read the long menu, it seemed quite good as it had Japanese, Korean and Chinese food. Coming from Toronto, I was quite impressed with the amount of food available. We ordered California rolls, a bowl of noodle and bento box with chicken yakatori. The bowl of noodle & bento box were both around $15 each.

The California rolls came within 10 minutes of our order. Then we waited and waited for the rest of the food. After 45 minutes, one of the waitress came and asked "if we were ready". She thought we finished our meal and were ready to leave. I prompted informed her that we were still waiting for our noodle and bento box. Around the 1 hour mark, another waitress served us two (2) bowls of miso soup. The miso soup was extremely salty and had large pieces of onions in it, which I have never seen in my life. That fusion combination just doesn't work well.

Then came our noodle and bento box. The bento box had the following items in it:

i) Rice
ii) 1 piece of dumpling
iii) 1 piece of siu mai (Chinese pork dumpling)
iv) Steamed vegetables
v) 3 sticks of chicken
vi) Kim-chee

The yakatori chicken tasted like dry chicken jerky masked with heavy sauce. It didn't taste good at all.
Siu mai with kim-chee is a strange combo. I didn't think they went well together. The steamed veggies were okay.

Overall, the fusion of Asian food just didn't work. Plus, the service was slow. Honestly a bowl or bento box of noodle shouldn't take more than 20 minutes. The restaurant's kitchen was way too slow.

I guess I was expecting too much in Burlington, VT. I think Toronto's Asian food is just way better than what I had tonight. Plus, Toronto's prices are about half of that of Asiana Noodle Shop. That's why I ranking this place poor.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Truthfu1
Burlington, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of my favorite places!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

I discovered this place a few years back, and go as often as I can. It's always delicious, and the people who work there are wonderful!

Visited December 2011
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Tough to choose, but good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

First time in a noodle shop and we had trouble desciphering the menu. We really wanted soup, ended up with one none soup dish - but it was delish. Little pricey for a bowl of broth and a little beef. THey also had sushi, sashimi was very fresh.

Visited January 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great lunch spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

I discovered this place during a previous stay in Burlington and had to drag my family in on a return visit. Noone was dissapointed! The menu is very long and can be confusing so it's a good idea to accept help from the staff if you are unsure. They did a great job pointing us in the right direction. Delicious!

Visited December 2011