“Good choice for breakfast or lunch”
Review of Penny Cluse Cafe

Penny Cluse Cafe
Ranked #3 of 248 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, Diner, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed October 18, 2016

Had a very late breakfast here - the wait was almost 2 hours when we arrived so we put our name in and explored Church Street. Got back in an hour and a half and a table was available. The breakfast burrito was very good and served with black beans. Home fries are delicious as were the biscuits and banana bread. Coffee could have been better, it was a little thin and weak. I'll have to back and try some of the lunch offerings, which looked very good.

Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

I lived in Burlington for a few years, and regularly dream of their amazing orzo pasta salad. It's served hot and packed with feta, seasoned spinach, kalamata olives, capers and tomatoes. It's garlicky and delicious.

And also, all of the rest of the food is phenomenal. It's the place everyone dreams of returning to. It's the place your friends text you about when they discover it. Yes, there's a wait, but it's worth it.

Reviewed October 15, 2016

I had the meat pie yesterday and it melted in my mouth. A local place, run by local people here in Burlington. Aways been a favorite place to go to eat. You will always love your experience. Small, crowded and warm.

Reviewed October 11, 2016 via mobile

We went at about 830 am on a Friday morning and had no wait, although the restaurant was very busy. We were waiting on right away and our waitress was fantastic! The Apple cider was some of the best I've ever had, and I grew up in Vermont! I had a basic egg breakfast and the potatoes were amazing. Mine came with homemade biscuits and the best strawberry jam I've ever had. I wanted to eat spoonfuls of it, but I didn't, cause I was in a public place!

Reviewed October 10, 2016 via mobile

Although we had to wait for 45 minutes, the food and service was excellent and made up for the wait. You should definitely check out the special gingerbread pancakes...they were delicious as well as the French toast. To be honest, it took us ages to decide on what to take because everything looked so yummy!!