“Great local bakery with delicious pastries!”
Review of Barrio Bakery

Barrio Bakery
Ranked #6 of 11 Bakeries in Burlington
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

Really great local "north end" bakery/coffee shop. Delicious scones and cinnamon rolls. Really love the local neighborhood scene down there.

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

Delightful little place, exceptional pastry and coffee. Pizza at night. Great atmosphere and definitely on my list whenever in the area. Espresso drinks top notch. Cute windows into the bakery right next door if you are traveling with children. Heard they're opening a new place in Richmond called One Radish, hmmm sounds like maybe a trip in a few months? ;)

Reviewed 29 August 2016

This sweet little cafe & restaurant serves delicious, artisan pizzas in the evening. The ambience is quiet and cozy, a nicely curated wine list with fast and friendly service. I loved it!

We went back in the morning for a nitro cold brew coffee and veggie croissant. They have a great selection of baked goods.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

This was a delightful experience tucked away in a tiny little house on North Winooski Avenue in Burlington. The server was very helpful and double checked the ingredients on the pepperoni (yes-GF) and root beer soda (packaging not available) to ensure they were gluten-free. The pizza was cooked to perfection. We added pepperoni and mushrooms which were fresh and delicious. I will become a local customer and I highly recommend.

Reviewed 25 March 2016

Barrio Bakery has become one of our favorite Sunday morning coffee spots. I've been meaning to review it for a long time! I actually knew Barrio from its delicious gluten-free baked goods long before I actually went to the cafe. Their gluten-free scones and teacakes (lemon-lavendar and orange-thyme) are a favorite temptation at Speeder and Earl's on Pine Street. I've also enjoyed their treats at the Burlington Farmer's Market. We FINALLY went to Barrio Bakery cafe itself. What a treat! In the morning it's sun-filled with interesting art on the walls, pale rose and chocolate colored wood walls and delicious coffee. Even though we live at the other end of Burlington, somehow, whenever we go there we run into friends or people we know. In the summer, people sit in the colorful Adirondack chairs out front and sip coffee while hanging out with their dogs.
We recently went there for one of their flatbread dinners on a Localvore coupon (check this out if you haven't used one already!) - delicious! It's a small spot, but we were seated right away on a Wednesday. In the evening, they have a nice wine/beer/cider list and wonderful salads and flatbreads. The selection is not huge, but it's very tasty. We got the gluten-free crust with lamb meatballs, grilled zucchini and fresh mozzarella. WOW! The gf baked goods are baked in the same kitchen as the regular items, so if you are sensitive to cross-contamination, this could be a problem for you. But it worked well for me. And it's delightful to have a gf crust that tastes as good as this one did!

Barrio has become a Sunday morning favorite with us. And now we may need to go back for another mid-week flatbread dinner...