“Amazing French Fries”

Bleu Northeast Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Bleu Northeast Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 248 Restaurants in Burlington
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Bleu, Chef Doug Paine celebrates the connection of Lake Champlain to the sea by sourcing the finest, freshest quality regional seafood. We network with local and regional farmers, purveyors, and fishermen to source our menus. We strive to source seafood raised in sustainable fisheries, and serve simple, yet sophisticated preparations to present the inherently dramatic and delicious.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A stop over in Burlington en route to Quebec. My wife and I were staying at the Hilton hotel, a short 100 metre walk around the corner. The Hilton restaurant was closed with a very limited menu being served in the bar.
We were very glad to escape the drab and dreary hotel for the buzz of Blue Northeast. Fortunately we had made a reservation.Having been told on two previous nights that crab cakes were not available, it was a pleasure to eat a very moist and tasty one as my starter.
My wife and I then enjoyed the fish and chips, two large pieces of very fresh cod, quite succulent and served with 'real chips' Potatoes cut fine, crispy on the outside. Maybe for some tastes they were not chunkier and softer, but for us 'perfection'
My only disappointment, the New Zealand Sauvignon was no longer stocked, a replacement from South Africa lacked the zing.
Service friendly and professional

Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

I like ordering local items whenever possible. Thus, the local perch from the lake seemed perfect. Unfortunately, it wasn’t. First round the fries and fish were over cooked in the fryer. The service was great and quickly offered to try again. Came out better second time, but the fries were plain and unexciting. The fish did not seem fresh which was disappointing since I could literally see the lake they were suppose to come from. The olives served with bread were the surprising highlight. They were excellent! If only my fish had been as good. The chocolate hazelnut cake was also good with a balanced blend between the chocolate and hazelnut and not overly sweet. The atmosphere was inviting and warm with an upscale but relaxed atmosphere. I would come back again but would order a different main course.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

After a day of traveling from Philadelphia we were worn out, and Juniper in our hotel was full. The hostess steered us next door to Bleu which was wonderful! Plenty of comfortable seating and delicious burgers as well as more complex choices! Loved it!

Reviewed September 5, 2018

Sirloin steak was tough, swordfish pretty good. salad awful. service pretty good. I wouldn't go back. Not noisy, good for conversation.

Reviewed August 28, 2018

Our dinner party consisted of 4 people. We ordered a lobster roll (just ok), swordfish (the grill marks were bitter, gross), fish and chips (no salt detected at all in the fish batter) and pasta with mushrooms, artichokes and scallops (way too much going on in this dish). Before ordering, I asked the waitress what Bleu was known for and her response was "It is all good here, nobody complains." We did not complain about our food but we will not be back.