“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of American Flatbread

American Flatbread
Ranked #11 of 243 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I love to visit "Flatbread" with friends and visitors from out of town. Everyone enjoys sitting near the open hearth. The salads are top-knotch, very healthy. The flatbreads are absolutely delicious. I can't go there without ordering a Dancing Heart, but it's more of an appetizer, with parmesan cheese, sesame seeds, and pepper. It's just so good.
They have great vegetarian options, a veggie special every day that's very inventive. We appreciate their use of fresh, locally-sourced ingredients.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,204)

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Great ambiance.  Everything is prepared and cooked in a giant hearth stove right in front of you.  Evolution salad tasted great with fresh goat cheese.  The pizza is terrific!!  Recommend the sausage and mushroom with herbs.  Draft root beer adds a nice touch.  Only negative was the service seemed lacking.  It was not that busy and it took a bit too long for me to see my server upon sitting down.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very good and spicy pizza. Ordered the hot sausage special and it was cooked perfectly and tasted great. Nice thin and crispy crust.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I went here with a friend. We ordered a regular pizza and ate the whole thing with enthusiasm, remarking expecially on their amazing fresh tomato sauce. Once we finished, the two of us sat for about 2 minutes before I finally said "That was so good I could eat another one right now." We were barely able to stop after two pizzas it was soo good.
I love the inexpensive half-pint draft beers for tasting also.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

It is pretentious and the pizza is quite unauthentic. Want an Anglo-Saxon, tasteless pizza with no Mediterranean soul? This is it. It has, however, a great selection of beers and ales. Go and drink. Eat elsewhere.

1  Thank dunhuang