“Cheddar Ale soup, very hearty!”

Heritage Deli & Bakery
Ranked #7 of 24 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

This place is great for lunch or breakfast. Creative sandwiches and they'll make your own as well. No BLT on the menu but they made a great one. The baked goods are large and tasty. The staff is always friendly!

Reviewed April 1, 2017

I've enjoyed every meal we've had at Heritage and the owner Michele is both a talented chef and one of the hardest working people I've met. There is an extensive menu to order from, pre-made and warm breakfast sandwiches if you're in a hurry, day old baked goods if you're looking for a bargain, and all of the made to order menu items are fresh and delicious. The staff has been consistent for the 2 years we've been going, They are all friendly and informative when asked about different menu items. The bakery consistently delivers a large variety to pick from and tehy are all delicious. This is definitely my go to place for lunch,

Reviewed January 18, 2017

They have a diverse and unique menu, and just about anyone will find something they like. They use good quality ingredients and prepare them well.

Ordering is awkward because you order at the counter and pay. So that means you have to get any drink or other items before actually placing your main course order.

Reviewed January 5, 2017

I attended this establishment with a local Vermonter Dec. 23, 2016. The ordering area of Heritage was decorated beautifully. The menus were on chalkboards--with new, tasty specials everyday. Since all entrees and bakery items are freshly cooked from local farms every day, the day old baked goods are a true bargain. The gingerbread cookies and offerings boast actual ginger root and are tangy and mouthwatering.
For a lunch entree, I ordered an enchilada with refried beans, local cheeses, black olives and vegetables(spinach, lettuce). The enchilada shell was a gluten free freshly made flour tortilla--truly outstanding. It was garnished with a huge salad of local carrots, lettuces, and greens, with a choice of dressing. The portion was so plentiful that I took part home to finish the next day. Other special included a divine hummus wrap, freshly baked quiche and a Ruben sandwich with fresh cheese, sauerkraut, and pastrami.
The desserts are a taste extravaganza--the lemon bars are multi-layered taste experiences and the special of peppermint brownies were delightful.
There is NO table service---you bus your own dishes. Your entrees are brought to you by the staff, who will also supply anything you desire---drinks, condiments, etc..
The dining area is inviting and spacious. The ordering/waiting area sells local original sauces and relishes. The chef is to be praised.
The service tries to be efficient---there is never a long wait for orders, it seems.

Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

We were referred from the Vermont country store to visit for lunch. We stopped in and we were amazed at the size of the menu of sandwiches. We decided to get 1/2 sandwich and soup. My husband got a turkey type sand with stuffing and cranberry sauce and he thought it was going to be warm sandwich. But it tasted okay. I had 1/2 chicken sandwich and soup also. The only problem was the soup. I got beef vegetable and it was full of sundried tomatoes and not very many other veggies. And both of our soups were greasy. The taste was bad I couldn't eat it. The meal cost almost 28 for sandwiches for three of us. My daughter got grilled cheese which was good.

Been to Heritage Deli & Bakery? Share your experiences!