“Good food in a family friendly environment”

McGillicuddy's on the Green
Ranked #6 of 44 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 6, 2018

We had fabulous food and excellent service! Me a gluten-free grilled cheese w/ potato salad my friend, a dinner salad with salmon & walnuts. We found the booth quite spacious but the restaurant extremely noisy and difficult hear each other because booth opposite us held loud and obnoxious patrons as well as tv's.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

My wife and I ordered two lobster salad rolls. Over half was filled with what they call imitation crab. I think the fish is pollack. It was not good. Never have I had any type of lobster salad full of another kind of fish. Very deceptive!!!

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Our waitstaff were extremely efficient! The Reuben and onion rings were excellent and the beer was cold.

2  Thank Charissa Z
Reviewed July 9, 2018

The restaurant is very popular and friendly. The service was very good. Everyone was having a great time. They have many televisions to view your favorite sport.

2  Thank Wegotook
Reviewed June 24, 2018

We went with friends for lunch. It is a go-to place for us. It's a sports bar, but they seat us oldsters away from the bar. There's a tv in every booth, but the remote can turn that off so we can gab.

Meals are ample. I really like that I can get something without the obligatory fries - potato salad this time, but very dry (healthful? - low on mayo but not German style; next time will opt for the side salad or 'slaw). The food has always been very good, crispy greens, good salad veggies. We have been to fancier places in the area and were tempted to tell them get your produce from wherever McGillicuddys does.

We tend to go weekdays, noonish. Maybe others have had lesser experiences during busier times. For us, we will return - for lunch, maybe dinner.

The turkey burger is great, but that's just my weakness.

2  Thank oetbyg