“Ladies Weekend.”

Ranked #1 of 2 Fairlee B&B and Inns
Fort Pierce, Florida
“Ladies Weekend.”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I have been meeting my friends from New England every year for the great Ladies weekend in March. I now live in Florida and wouldnt miss this weekend.We have always had excellent food and entertainment .The staff has been very accomodating.
I look forward to this weekend each year.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding our annual Ladies Getaway Weekend. The pleasure is all ours and we look forward to hosting you and your friends next year.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
mount pleasant
Reviewed 10 January 2012

the new cladding on the building [i remember it as dark timber from childhood] is a bit awful but the wonky floors are still there. my room overlooked the lake, the windows opened wide and the bed was comfy. this establishment still boasts a parlour and card room and is primarily aimed at golfers but is also a nice place to stay if you want to wander the lakeshore. Avoid the dining room unless you like bland food.

Room Tip: ask for one with a view of the lake
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
I apologize for our bland food. Though never our intention, please do not hesitate to express your dissatisfaction at the present so as we can remedy your issue to your complete satisfaction.
My Grandparent's began operating this Resort beginning in the early 70's. They seemed to have been obsessed with the color red- their house, their cars, this hotel. My father continued this obsession with his red house, red car, re-coating this hotel in red. My brother and I had red cars in the 80's. So as the transition to the 3rd generation of my family to operate this business took place, my first decision was to change the color. Needless to say my Grandmother was not impressed. So please forgive my color choice, but know I can sleep peacefully in muli-colored dreams.

Mark Avery
Brownsville, Vermont
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My wife and I went to the Lake Morey Resort for New Years Eve this year. It was a great party. For $75/person we got a fantastic dinner, champagne toast, and a whole night of dancing with a live band. The dinner was buffet style, and everything was fresh, hot, and absolutely delicious. There were three different carving stations, and the food was never-ending. After dinner, we went to the room with the band, and they were very good. The crowd was very good and everyone participated on the dance floor. Around 11pm, they brought out a big spread of dessert (buffet style) along with coffee. There was a champagne toast at midnight, and then there was a buffet of finger foods before the night ended. All the alcohol had to be paid for (it was not covered by the price of admission), which is fine by me; it meant that there were no people there who were overly drunk. It was a great night. The property itself was very nice and clean and we were impressed with it. My wife and I will be heading back there once the weather warms up to spend a weekend.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
I am pleased you both had a great time at our annual New Year's celebration. The New Year's party has been a Lake Morey tradition for over 30 years. As the years have gone by, the party has always remained a steadfast positive vibe and we look forward to many more to come!

Mark Avery
Winslow, Maine
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Recently my family stayed at this hotel for a family wedding. The scenary was beautiful and the resort would have been as beautiflu yet the attitude of the staff really spoiled our time. The wait staff serving at the wedding were incredibily rude to the guest. Very disappointing. Our family room was clean yet needed updating. Unfortunately we will not return to this hotel , shame really the area is so lovely.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank cathbec
Mark A, General Manager at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
Dear Cathbec,
I sincerely apologize for your recent experience with our banquet servers at a wedding your family attended. I find this behavior completely unacceptable and will never be tolerated. I will discuss your experience with our Director of Food Services and will make every effort to prevent this in the future. Guest service is the sun of our industry and I can assure you we will always strive to be the closet orbit to our sun.
Once again please accept my sincerest apologies and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Marlboro, New York
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stayed here over an early November weekend. The staff was very pleasant (desk staff, housekeeping, etc.). There is a smal indoor pool, an auditorium (where movies were shown while we were there), restaurant, right on a lake and adjacent to a golf course. The walls in the room let in a lot of sound from our neighbors and from the hall. The location is pretty, and it's close to White River Junction and I-91.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at the resort for a friend's wedding. The resort was very pretty, very clean, and well-located. We only wish we had planned to stay longer - we were unaware that our room fee included use of kayaks, bikes, etc. It seemed to be a great place to take a family vacation!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Beautiful property, clean but small rooms. Smaller venue. Staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: As for Lake view room
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairlee
11.3 km away
Six South St Hotel
#2 of 2 in Hanover
6.2 km away
Breakfast on the Connecticut

Been to Lake Morey Resort? Share your experiences!