“absolutely wonderful!!!!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Island Pond B&B and Inns
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“absolutely wonderful!!!!”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I love the staff.. it is a warm and wonderful place to stay. They staff is so helpful to your needs and do whatever they need to, to make your stay as comfortable as they can for you. I will definitely be staying there again on my next visit.. Thank you..

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Betty E

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Recently arrived in Island Pond, Vt while touring the Northeast Kingdom. Stopped at the Lakefront Inn & Motel since they showed a vacancy sign. Inquired about availability and the lady said she had one room but it was a smoking room. So I asked to look at it and when I stepped in the room, the smell was overwhelming and I knew I could not stay in that room. She then told me that she had a suite available but it was $150/night. So I looked at that room which was average so I told her I was going out to the car to discuss with my husband. We decided to take the room since there were no other options in the area. When I got back in the office, two other people were there; one had a reservation and the other was looking for a room just as I was. As she was getting ready to check in the other person that did not have a reservation, she asked me which room I wanted and I told her I wanted the suite. So, she checked in the other person and when she began to check me in, the rate had increased to $175. When I questioned the increase, she said she had made a mistake and the rate was $175. I had no other options since there was nothign available in the area and it was later in the day.

I think since she quoted me $150 when she offered the suite, that she should have rented it at that price.

Will never stop in Island Pond again. When we were leaving the area, we were told by a border patrol that he stays as far from Island Pond as possible. I can certainly see why. Avoid this "town" if at all possible.

Room Tip: Look at the cabin rentals in Pittsburg NH - not too far.