We stayed at the Mountain Medows Lodge for a wedding recently. Overall, the lodge and grounds were very nice. There are some positives and negatives that I want to mention though:
-Owners are very hospitable.
-Environment is relaxed and friendly.
-Food (wedding and breakfast) was very very good. They even had out lemon-aide and ice tea during the day for anyone who wanted it. (nice touch)
-Views were excellent.
-Access to lake from the property.
-Access to the Appalachian trail from the property.
-Room shades were very sheer. I had to hang clothes on the curtain rod to block out the light. I felt like people outside could see in at night too.
-There is no AC. I was there during a very hot weekend and the fan was not enough. Not a good night’s sleep!
-Outside noise was a bit much (Jacuzzi is outside below some of the rooms so if the window is open (because of no AC), then you can hear everyone below.
OTHER POINTS OF NOTE:
-We had no room key. When we arrived, the room door was open and we could just go on up (very relaxed). I was hesitant at first, but everyone at the inn was part of the wedding, so I just let it go. I assume that on other occasions, they give you a key?
-There is no blow-dryer in the room. You have to walk to the front desk to ask for one (there are no phones in the room).
-The rooms were pretty basic and rustic. Not my taste, but they were clean and comfortable.
-Bathrooms are small.
-There are some farm animals on the property, so you do have to watch where you step.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mountain Meadows Lodge is a favorite Vermont Country Inn Bed and Breakfast in Killington known for great dining, family-friendly lodging and travel, Vermont weddings, New England wedding receptions, family reunions, business meetings and church retreats - in any season. Located on the Appalachian Trail (AT) and Kent Pond in Killington, surrounded by National Forest and State Park lands, our history-rich, environmentally-friendly, lakeside resort is tucked away in a quiet and serene corner of this small New England town. Mountain Meadows Lodge boasts a sauna, hot-tub, enormous fireplace, game room and loads of other amenities. Farm animals wander the property for the kids to pet and feed and visit including Charlie the pygmy goat, and Alex the Shetland pony. You can enjoy cross-country skiing, hiking, boating, fishing, fly fishing instruction, sledding, snow shoeing right on the property; down hill skiing only minutes away at Pico-Killington, sleigh & carriage rides, golf, snowmobiling, rock climbing, disc golf, bike touring, and mountain biking nearby, and loads of other activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Mountain Meadows Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain Meadows Hotel Killington
- Mountain Meadows Lodge Killington, Vermont