“A must visit!”
Review of The Mill Tavern - CLOSED

The Mill Tavern
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 14, 2017

We dined at the Mill Tavern one of the evenings during a ski trip in Vermont, in search of a nice steak dinner. The restaurant was recommended to us by a local who we met at a nearby bar, and his description was on point! As promised, we were personally greeted at the door and seated by Ed, the owner and manager of the restaurant for over 49 years. The ambiance is charming, filled with antiques, interesting art, and local Vermont paraphernalia. We had delightful company, delicious food, and would absolutely return. The ribeye steak really hit the spot!

Reviewed March 8, 2017

We loved the ambiance of this restaurant. Old Barn, Fireplace, great food. Not much selection for picky kids but still a great stop and I totally recommend!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 21, 2017 via mobile

The Mill Tavern is inside an old barn with 2 bars on busy nights, a roaring fireplace and filling portions.

Its A bit dark inside, you decide if that's a pro or a con. The owner is always around, that IS a good thing. Ed is a great guy.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

Three of us ate at the Mill Tavern this weekend and I was quite disappointed. The atmosphere is great, the menu is varied and interesting. The prices are way to high for what they offer, though. I eat in Manhattan often,and these are typical NYC prices,not Vermont prices. Most entrees are in the $30+ range and portions are large. I ordered a medium rare steak (was assured it was very pink in the middle) and it arrived medium well - mostly brown. I mentioned it to the server but said I would eat it. She said that there was another one medium-rare ready in the kitchen and brought it to me. Also brown through and through. I would not even mention the price if it was cooked correctly, but to pay $34 for a well-done piece (twice) was not what I wanted to do. I did not voice my displeasure as that is not what I do in restaurants, but beware if you want to order meat at the Mill.

1  Thank rj3r
Reviewed February 5, 2017

A Vermont winter tradition for visitors and locals alike. Now made even better with a new chef! Cozy fireplaces and hearty New England fare make for a warm and atmospheric dining experience. The french onion soup, any of the beef dishes, and the bread pudding are highlights. Go for the scallops or chicken parm if you aren't a red meat lover. Yum!