“A warm cozy restaurant ”
Review of The Mill Tavern - CLOSED

The Mill Tavern
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

The mill has been around for decades under current ownership. Rustic interior with two bars and two fireplaces, friendly staff and a mine that ranges from veal masala to stuffed cod.

The do have prime rib and it's phenomenal. Get there early for the best cuts.

There is never a hurry and you can truly relax over cocktails and a well paced dinner.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed December 25, 2017

wasn't sure whether to give this place a 3 or 4 stars: i was pretty unimpressed with my food and the place but the rest of my family said their meals were really good. We all agreed that the service was nice and friendly. The negatives for me were (1) really poor draft beer selection (one choice) and very limited wine by the glass (e.g. for red it is a cabernet, that's it). Fine for a bar, but this is a place where entrees are $25+. (2) I thought my food (clam chowder and caesar) were meh. Positives were great ambiance and service, and as I said the rest of my family enjoyed their meals.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank sjb4562
Reviewed March 14, 2017

We dined at the Mill Tavern one of the evenings during a ski trip in Vermont, in search of a nice steak dinner. The restaurant was recommended to us by a local who we met at a nearby bar, and his description was on point! As promised, we were personally greeted at the door and seated by Ed, the owner and manager of the restaurant for over 49 years. The ambiance is charming, filled with antiques, interesting art, and local Vermont paraphernalia. We had delightful company, delicious food, and would absolutely return. The ribeye steak really hit the spot!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed March 8, 2017

We loved the ambiance of this restaurant. Old Barn, Fireplace, great food. Not much selection for picky kids but still a great stop and I totally recommend!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 21, 2017 via mobile

The Mill Tavern is inside an old barn with 2 bars on busy nights, a roaring fireplace and filling portions.

Its A bit dark inside, you decide if that's a pro or a con. The owner is always around, that IS a good thing. Ed is a great guy.

Date of visit: February 2017