“Blech!”

Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I had the spinach salad and it was really gross! The hard boiled eggs looked like they had been sitting around for a couple of days, the red peppers were straight from a jar, and there was too much dressing. My daughter had green stuff floating in her water glass and the place was generally dirty. In addition, our waiter was unkempt and inattentive. We won't be going back. Yuck!

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Food was really good, a bit pricey, but I think all the places in Ludlow are a bit expensive. You can easily split a meal there if you are not feeling too hungry as the portions are good size

Reviewed 27 March 2012

With several other options in the area, this is one place to pass by. The food is so-so, and the service and atmosphere matched. I have not been in a few years, and now I remember why. If they would upgrade the food (not frozen burger patties and frozen fries for example), it might be worth stopping.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

On our 3rd evening in Ludlow, my wife and I decided to walk about town for a beer and a bite. We ended up choosing the Pot Belly. Upon arrival (it was a Friday nt), the restaurant was quite busy with the influx of the weekend tourists arriving. We did not have reservations but we were fortunately seated immediately. UNfortunately, they sat us at a table within footsteps to the bathrooms. Immediately I asked for a booth. They were quite accommodating and immediately gave us a booth in the front next to the window. What a difference. The Pot Belly has a huge half-moon shaped bar that looks great for a drink or two as well as catching up on your favorite sport. If you are looking for a quiet evening, this is not your place being that the dining areas wrap around the bar in a large open room. Our waitress took our drink orders and brought out some wonderful hot bread. Unfortunately, she zipped thru the nightly specials so quickly, I had to walk to the front door to see them posted on a chalk board that was knee level at the reservations counter. Having had a bland meal the prior evening, I opted for (what I thought) would be something with a little taste so I ordered eggplant parm. My wife had angel hair mixed with LOTS of garlic, olive oil, feta cheese and vegetables. The waitress asked if we wished to add a side salad for$1 and we both did. The generously proportioned salad was fresh with tasty house dressing and mixed with various vegetables. Once our dinners arrived, mine had a salad included on the plate. I wish she had mentioned this prior, I would have had a soup for my pre-dinner. Oh well. The eggplant was OK. It was cooked fine but the sauce had no taste and the chef opted to put it over rigatoni (?????). Sadly, 2 nights in a row I had a bland dinner. I do admit, I left with a full belly. My wife's dinner was quite the contrary. Her pasta dish was loaded with taste and flavor that unfortunately left her with garlic breath for a day or 2 (or more). Regardless of the aftermath, her dish was very good. So, I suppose, it is hit or miss. The Pot Belly is right on Main St (as are a lot of establishments) and easy to get to (we walked).

Reviewed 6 March 2012

My husband and I ate dinner at the Pot Belly the first evening we arrived in Ludlow, liking the close proximity to our accomodations and the pub like atmosphere. The atmosphere was nice ~ rustic, interesting and casual. My husband ordered the king cut prime rib which came out cold and less than tender. The fish was good, not exceptional, and otherwise the drinks and service were acceptable. We took a chance and went back the next night. While waiting for our table, we sat at the bar and encountered a very pushy bartender who clearly wanted us to eat dinner at the bar despite our plan to wait for a table. My husband ordered the pasta special with portobello mushrooms and sausage which again was poor, at best. The pasta was cut into small pieces and the tomato sauce was dry and tasted like it came out of a big can. I ordered a chicken dish which was fine but nothing special. The appetizer, however, was outstanding and reflected some artful food preparation which was lacking in their main courses. The table we had in the back section of the building on our second visit was not that clean and with bright, stark lighting, unlike the tables near the front. Overall, a surprising dissappointment considering the Pot Belly is right in the center of Ludlow and so readily accessible to skiers and tourists. We rated it as a "college kid" bar with acceptable food when you haven't developed a sense for better quality food. Probably fine for just drinks and appetizers. You can definitely find better places in the area.