All reviewsski checkcoleman brook tavernjackson gorefull kitchenstudio roomski schoolmurphy bedlobby barindoor poolslope sidemountain coasterspring housewhole familygas fireplaceunderground parkingadventure zoneice skating rink
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Stayed here last week with my wife. Overall very nice place great location to start the day on the mountain. The lift is right outside. Parking is in a garage. The bed was a bit hard for my liking. We stayed in the studio room was nice to have a small kitchen so we didn’t have to eat out every meal. Only complaint was room was next to elevator and stairs and it was very loud.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

After skiing at Okemo for many years we finally got a chance to stay at the Jackson Gore Inn. We had a conveniently located mountain view room (which you really need to have) that overlooked the courtyard area and the base of the Gore area. As we have stayed at the Killington Grand many times over the years we were slightly disappointed with the quality of the room at the Jackson Gore Inn. The Killington Grand has been around for a lot longer than the JGI and has been up kept much better. A studio room at the KG is larger and has nicer amenities than a studio room at JGI. Ski access is easier/closer at the JGI than at the Grand but the ski check leaves a lot to be desired. The JGI ski check area is conveniently located but has barely enough room for a few people to get in the door and there is nowhere to put on your ski boots and leave your shoes. The ski check at the Grand has benches for putting on your boots and cubbies to keep your shoes so you don't have to walk through the hotel with your ski boots on.
On thing that blew us away was that they did not have a restaurant that served breakfast - you had to wait until the ski lodge opened before the lifts started spinning. The Killington Grand offers a convenient and good breakfast. The other strange thing is that the Coleman Brook Tavern (which has great food) located in the hotel closes from 3-5 pm right in the middle of apres ski! The lobby bar stays open but offers no food. The other restaurant located in the hotel, Siena is only open for dinner on Fridays and Saturdays. It's overpriced and serves underwhelming food.

I don't want to sound like a total downer about the Jackson Gore Inn as we had a great time in a nice room and we had great snow. But the appliances and fixtures in the rooms can use some updating.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2018

I am currently at Jackson Gore Inn, in a lovely studio overlooking the courtyard with firepit, lift, and mountains. Ask for a room with a mountain view.
The studio has a queen bed, a sleep sofa in a small seating area, a full kitchen (with full size refrigerator) and a fireplace. It was only, when I booked, about thirty dollars more than a standard room, and it is well worth it.
There are two large 3/4 windows, and I am on the third floor, so I have the drapes off of the windows day and night. At night I can see the groomers' lights on the mountain.
I love this unit. When I first walked in, it looked a little old fashioned to me, but it is extremely livable. Bed is comfortable. View is outstanding.
The front desk is extremely helpful and efficient. We are expecting substantial snow over the next two days, so I extended my stay by two days because of concerns about driving. Despite unavailability through online booking, the staff found me space. I do have to move on my last day, but given it is a Friday before what is going to be an outstanding ski weekend, I am happy it is just a matter of moving down one floor. The price quoted was reasonable; there was no price gorging because of the circumstances.
I took advantage of their midweek madness promotion. Lift ticket was included, and it was well within reason.
Everything was extremely clean, which of course is expected. I requested early housekeeping one morning, and there was no problem. Today housekeepers were in and out of my room before 10 o'clock, and I hadn't requested early service. They were extremely pleasant.
The toilet handle did snap yesterday afternoon, but it was fixed within an hour.
I have eaten off location and in my room the past few days, but am going to eat downstairs later today. Will post as appropriate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view. Odd numbered rooms face the mountain.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank SusanRoan
Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

The room was very clean and perfect for our needs. The distance from our room to the lift was great,easy access. The workers were very friendly to me and answered my questions. The pool was nice along with the hot tubs. Parking was under ground and easy access to the elevator to my room. The Mountain is great mountain for a family to ski. My daughter and I enjoyed skiing all the trails
And I didn’t have to worry because they were not overly difficult but we are seasoned skiers. The one thing that was not to my liking was the food but I am a chef and hard to please so don’t take my word on that. If you want to spend some quality family time I think this place is perfect

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2018

The ski-in, ski-out feature was excellent. Short walk to the lift. We stayed in a two-bedroom unit which was nicely equipped, including a full kitchen. Lift ticket sales were also quite convenient with multiple open windows and no waiting. One of the best skiresort facilities I've used.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family