1,557 results
All reviews marsh tavern chop house fire pit falcon bar indoor pool historic hotel spg points falconry school cider donuts main building hot tub new england concierge desk beautiful resort locker room hiking trails old world charm
Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here christmas week and the hotel was a perfect winter christmas getaway...hiking with the family along with some friends was rewarding and memorable. We hit the indoor pool and outdoor hotub as well. The kids loved the hot chocolate in the lobby and we liked the cool bars in the hotel. Nice little town nearby but bring your wallet bc the town is pricey.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2017

What a jewel of a hotel. The historic flavor is amazing, and the rooms have been kept up nicely. Unlike many of the newer cookie-cutter hotels, this place has character and style. Excellent hotel food and lots of great restaurants nearby.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2017

I had a tough time with my opinion of this hotel, but here is my summary review:
- Great Hotel. The building is beautiful inside and out
- Great Location. Manchester was a treat and close to all of the skiing
- Great Staff. Without exception, everyone with whom we interacted on the staff was friendly and helpful, including the very helpful concierge
- Annoying Guests. More about this below, but our fellow guests made this hotel one that we won't return to. We wanted to be in Vermont, not the Upper West Side/Long Island.

I'll give the good, the bad, and my recommendation of who should stay here and when.

Good/Great
- We went on President's Day Weekend to enjoy Manchester and do some skiing. This hotel is ideally situated for both activities
- As mentioned above, from the time we drove up to front door, we found the valet staff, the front desk, the waitstaff, the concierge (who was excellent about guiding us through our skiing options and how to spend a great Sunday in Manchester), the cleaning crew, and even staff members who greeted us with a cheery "Good Morning" in the hallways worked very hard to make this a welcoming place.
- For our day in town, we walked to town from the hotel and had the hotel car pick us up in town later in the afternoon.
- The room was nicely appointed, larger than I had expected from an older hotel, and really enhanced our stay. My wife and daughter really know how to sleep in, and the black-out curtains were ideal for that.

Bad - this will all be about the guests
- The morning buffet was an anthropological trip to another culture. Children were running everywhere while their parents were loudly (really loudly) talking about what schools their precious ones attended with the equally overbearing parents at the next table. Or perhaps they were (loudly again) demanding some special item from the waitstaff. Note that we have a child who was a baby at one point, so we're not asking for library talk, but at least something less than Zabar's at Grand Central would be nice. At one point, we saw two families at a large round table with the parents complaining up top while the children were eating discarded breakfast pastries off the floor. This wasn't one or two tables, we were surrounded by this scene.
- Dinner on our last night there was almost the same thing. At one point I had to ask the father at the table next to ours to stop his daughter from banging into my daughter's chair over and over.
- I had read other reviews that complained about noisy rooms. We found ours to be fine, except when, in the hallways, parents allowed their kids to use it as a playground. I can't fault the hotel that kids were running up and down while the parents talked (loudly) about their first-world problems.
- In most of the common areas, the displaced New Yorkers were jostling through doors, not returning the 'good mornings' of the staff, yelling for the front desk staff, or some other stereotypical NYC behavior.
- I will note that my mood was already poor when I got to the hotel because while driving on winding, snowy Vermont double-lined (no passing) roads we were being passed by NY-licensed vehicles who apparently thought they were on FDR Drive. I wonder where those drivers were from?

Who Should Stay Here
- New Yorkers who want to get away from the city. I'm not being facetious - even though I'm not a fan, NYC attracts millions of people to live there, so it is a perfectly valid option that one might want to get away from the city but necessarily its citizens.
- If you are not in the first category, and since there are many nice things about this hotel and its location, you might try it if you avoid dining there or spending much time in the common areas. It's a nice hub to enjoy many things in Vermont. Having said that, it seems a shame to spend that much on your vacation and not be able to enjoy a nice hotel.

Date of stay: February 2017
3  Thank SheMakes3
Roger_Aberth, Manager at The Equinox, A Luxury Collection Golf Resort & Spa, Vermont, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2017

Dear valued Guest,
I am very happy to hear that your interactions with our employees were positive and helpful. We are always striving to give the best service we can to our guests and their needs. Our public area attendants and housekeeping team constantly work to keep all areas in the hotel clean, and our grounds crews do a fabulous job up keeping the Resort. I am very sorry that your President’s day week didn’t go as planned. We always do our best to monitor the kids that come into our dining facilities and I am sorry you had to listen to numerous conversations from other families while dining. We will do our best to learn from your comments and to make sure all of our guests enjoy their time with us.

Reviewed March 27, 2017

The Equinox Hotel is a great hotel; the rooms are nice, the common rooms are nice, there are multiple restaurants, there's a nice pool and a garden. However, the golf course is spectacular. All 18 holes are beautiful, and some have bodies of water.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank spmci
Reviewed March 16, 2017

We were in The Equinox on july 4th weekend, On Friday the Weather was terrible was raining together with really strong winds, I went down to front desk to complaint that it was raining into my room, They said someone will be there shortly, No One came in the end it was really disappointing,

On The other hand everything else was terrific, the concierge were really helpful plaining my day and giving directions, and room service was fantastic, that what even makes it sadder that they didn't take care of leak

Date of stay: July 2016
Roger_Aberth, General Manager at The Equinox, A Luxury Collection Golf Resort & Spa, Vermont, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2017

Thank you for the feedback you have provided from your visit July 4th last year. We apologize for the leak in your room - we pride ourselves on responding immediately to any guest requests and are surprised that your comments went unanswered. This is very unlike our normal hospitality and we will be addressing this with the team. We have planned a full renovation of all our public spaces and guest rooms with design elements that help celebrate the hotel's history and its unique indigenous identity. I'm glad to hear how much you enjoyed all other aspects of our hotel and expansive grounds. I will share your compliments with the team and trust that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back for an improved stay in the near future.