“Best Breakfast Sandwich!!”

The Gourmet Deli & Cafe
Ranked #35 of 62 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 28, 2017

So we had breakfast here on two mornings and ate outside as we brought our pampered pooch along. My partner, who spends 80% of his work life traveling to meetings all over the US, declared his breakfast sandwich the best out of any he has had anywhere!! (Bacon, egg & cheddar on a croissant...he was in breakfast sandwich heaven) I had the blueberry pancakes, good not great. I will agree with the other reviewer, Howland_Owl, that the place is desperately in need of a good scrub down.

Reviewed August 18, 2017

I have been here several times, the last in 2015. Unfortunately, it seems that some serious cleaning has not been done since then. The door to the kitchen was absolutely filthy. This was not just a one day accumulation, but a long buildup of dirt. Can't someone give it a wipe at the end of the day? The food here is great, however seeing the door to the kitchen is a real turnoff! Also, service is quite slow. They were not that busy and there were several service personnel, but we seemed to be invisible for quite a while. Also, it took 20 minutes for a cup of coffee to brew. Perhaps they need a new coffee maker. Sad to see this place go downhill.

Reviewed August 17, 2017

I had 2 different experiences during my 2 visits here. Both times, the food was truly amazing and service was great. However, at breakfast, I waited 20 min before someone even came outside to take my order. There was only 2 other people dining at the cafe at the time, so I thought that was odd. Not even an apology for the lengthy wait, that's the only reason I didn't 5 star it.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

This is just a little café, but so simple and sweet you will fall in love with it. My friend had a liverwurst sandwich like her mom used to make and I had a tuna sandwich on toast. Everything is fresh and made to order, and the people there could not be nicer. I've been to Manchester twice and had lunch here twice. A great little find, just around the corner from one of America's last best independent bookstores.

Reviewed August 15, 2017

Food is so fresh and delicious! Blueberry pancakes, waffles, eggs are all cooked to perfection! Bonnie our server always remembers us every time we come to Vermont. She is such a pleasure! Thank you for always making us feel so special!!