All reviewsgreen rivermanchester centerwithin walking distancelast summerye olde tavernrelaxing staybed was very comfortablemini fridgegas fireplacecarriage houseneilvermontweddingaccommodationsoutletshostslodging
Reviewed June 12, 2012

From making our reservations and all through our stay the owners were amazingly accommodating and kind. The Inn is adorable and we were very comfortable during our stay! Not only were they friendly and helpful to my husband, young daughter, and me - but they were super helpful to my family. Because their grounds are so lovely, my sister-in-law asked if we could have a picnic with some friends and family in the yard at the Inn, the owners graciously agreed and actually helped us get the picnic area set up. They even brought out extra tables for us! I would 100% recommend the Inn and we plan to stay there again when we visit my sister-in-law and her family. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Barnstead Inn June 6-7th and I cannot wait to return! For a little background, I work in the travel industry and I (we) have had the opportunity to stay at some incredible places around the world, so we're no strangers to quality and service. Cynthia and Neil really have invested a great deal of time and money to make their place a stellar lodging offering within the Manchester area. They were also very present, taking the time to talk to us during our check in about local restaurants and things to do.

We booked last minute and upon arrival were pleasantly surprise to see that we had been upgraded to the 'Green Mountain Lodge' room. After having spent the night in that accommodation, I can honestly say we'll have no problems forking out the full price going forward in an effort to replicate the experience we had there. The room was lovely, outfitted with bluestone floors, wood paneling and beams and an electric fireplace that added to the cozy/romantic ambiance. Thoughtful touches like a really comfortable king sized bed, nice linens, small refidgerator and a jacuzzi completed our stay there. We actually remarked to one another that we could LIVE in the room and be completely happy with ourselves.

After relaxing in the room for a while, we headed out to the town to see about dinner and some cocktails. Neil recommended Ye Olde Tavern, which we visited to sample some classic cocktails before moving on to the Equinox for a couple more. I was intrigued to see the Equinox as it is one of the properties I'd sold before and its large-scale resort concept was something I thought I'd really like. I can say that after experiencing it for myself, I was completely certain that we'd made the right choice with the Barnstead.

We will continue to be loyal customers of this fantastic establishment and I will recommend it to my friends and clients. See you soon, Neil and Cindy!

Room Tip: Splurge for the Green Mountain Room. It boasts a great location near the pool, but is quiet and private.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We went up June 2nd and 3rd for my granddaugthers christening. The owners were very friendly and made us feel welcome. We also had the christening party outside at the inn great place to relax and the owners were very accomadating. The room was private and quiet. I highly recommend the barnstead inn for a relaxing weekend.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Manchester Center, Vermont has access to mountains for skiing....Hildene - the former Summer home of Robert Todd Lincoln....Robert Frost's home where he wrote his most famous poem....Friends of Bill can visit his birthplace in E. Dorset and the humble burial spot for Bill and Lois to name just a few attractions and.....The Barnstead Inn! What a beautiful property....and the kindness and hospitality that were extended to me made my week's stay just superb and "itching" to get back to one of the most beautiful regions in all of Vermont. Thank you Neil! See you again soon. Donna P. Dunne

Room Tip: You'll be happy in any of them!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We went up over Memorial weekend and had a great time. Very nice owners, great Inn and lots of great food and shopping right up the street in Manchester. I highly recommend a stay at the Barnstead Inn.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple