“Good Italian food ”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

Great food. Never had a bad meal there. Craft pizza plus Italian dishes done right. The porch seating is a plus when its available.

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Sarducci’s is our go to place for a meal out. The food is always great. Th atmosphere is very nice. It can get noisy on a busy night but that’s minor. Terrific food.

Reviewed November 7, 2017

I am particular about my pizza. I like flatbread or thin, crispy crusts and Sarducci's is perfect. The pizza's are cooked in a wood oven and you can really taste the difference. I had the spinach, tomato and it was delicious. The sauce is home made and the parm is fresh. The house chianti is pretty good and a nice addition to the meal.

Reviewed November 5, 2017

Four of us got together for dinner at Sarducci's, which is normally a favorite of mine in Montpelier. This is the first (somewhat) negative review that I have written of Sarducci's, but I think it is warranted. Our table of four were seated promptly, consistent with our reservation. The restaurant was jammed for Saturday night dinner. We started with drinks and ordering. Our waitress was a bit slow in taking and delivering orders. It may have been the crush of other diners. Unusually for Sarducci's, our waitress was not particularly friendly or attentive. Dinner was the real mixed bag. One member of our party had lasagna, which looked very much like a manufactured school cafeteria item, served on a bare plate without any kind of garnish. My order or crab ravioli and shrimp came in a bowl swimming with an unpleasant pinkish sauce, again without garnish, with a fishy odor and chewy shrimp and two flat, tasteless "crab" ravioli in the bottom of the bowl. Truly nasty to look at and not much better to consume. However, my wife and I had begun by splitting a vegetarian antipasto, which was very good. Her harvest salad was generous and excellent. A companion had a bowl of shrimp on pasta that he seemed to enjoy and that looked good. My wife and I shared a tiny, overpriced gelato that was soupy and quite ordinary. Service was lackluster and inattentive-- our waitress had to be asked for plates, water, and cutlery-- she didn't check on us to see whether we needed any of these. The service at Sarducci's is usually good to excellent, with friendly staff, but tonight was an exception. I hope that tonight's mixed bag of meal was just an anomaly. I'll be back, but not for that odd, offputting crab and shrimp ravioli dish.

1  Thank MontpelierGuy
Reviewed October 31, 2017

A local downtown landmark for the last 25 years, Sarducci's offers cosy decor and views of the Winooski River. The food is good, especially the pizza. A good lunch spot while in the capital.

Date of visit: October 2017