See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 2, 2018

I booked this hotel because of lack of any other choices- I needed a room around new year's eve and started searching way too late.
The place for what it was- way too expensive $130 per night.
The hotel look run down. The rooms are small and old looking. The comforter look unwashed, with some stains on it. Breakfast really bad. The pool doesn't look anything like the photo on here. Thankfully it was only one night.
Not a place I would stay at again unless really forced.
Bottom line- too expensive to what it offers, even though it was a holiday weekend- they should not have take advantage of it with the standards they offer.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maggiedusia
Reviewed October 16, 2017

I too was disappointed in this Choice Hotel. The hotel smelled. The shower curtain had a sour washcloth smell-you know the one. The sheets, towels and washcloths were dingy and grey colored.
Breakfast was good and staff nice.
The television needs to be replaced as the picture quality was terrible--it was not the cable. The coffee maker did not work-- I switched outlets thinking it could be that but nope.
Both beds had a dip when you sat on them. They need to be replaced too.
I would NOT stay here again if I was in Rutland.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

We typically stay at Choice hotels which is why we booked a room at this Quality Inn. Unfortunately, there was little quality here. The inn was dirty as though it hadn't see a vacuum in weeks. The room was tolerable but the bathroom was awful. The toilet did not flush properly, the tub had no drain plug and worst of all it must have been painted because it was peeling. The towels were gray and the toiletries were tossed in the corner. The only redeeming feature was the lovely lady who took care of the breakfast room. She was very pleasant and attentive.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2017

Made reservations based on the ratings of their parent company, Choice Hotels.
Arriving on the site just before 4 pm decided to drive around the parking lot to check the exterior of the hotel. Was dated on the outside, their website photos of the lobby looked good so I thought how bad can it be?
I waited in line to check in, two customers were ahead of me.
First customers were a man and woman, the woman paid for his room and pulled him off to the side and explained to him that his room is all set, "you have a place to stay for tonight" then they left the lobby and continued to chat outside out of range of my hearing.
Second customers were a elderly woman and what I assumed was her granddaughter, whom I thought to be about 10 years old. The 10 year old made the transaction to pay for the room, even put her own pin number in on the card reader as instructed by the clerk on duty.
Was my turn next, I asked the clerk to see the room, he handed me the room card and said down the hall with out looking up.
I asked "what hall?" he pointed towards a door way, so I walked down the carpeted hallway, the carpet was dirty and stained in many areas.
I found my ground floor room, #114, opened the door and was hit with a odor of mold, I walked thru the room anyway, carpet was stained and the comforters on the beds looked like they were never washed.
I left the room and told the clerk that the hallway carpet and the room carpet were dirty and the room smelled like mold, then told him I was not staying there.
He just said "ok"
No other reply like: .."can I put you in another room?" or "we will get housekeeping to clean it" ...or "Im sorry, is there anything else we can help you with?", NOTHING!!!
When I got home, a 5 hour drive straight from this hotel to my home, (could not find another vacant hotel in the area), I contacted the parent company, all they could say was that the hotel cancelled my reservation, would not let me talk to a supervisor even after I requested it numerous times, referred me to customer complaints department which had already closed for the day.
Not good for Choice Hotel chain, and that is a shame considering we had just stayed in the Comfort Inn the night before in Brattleboro and everything was perfect - clean room, clean hotel even as they were renovating lower levels, perfect location..same parent company

Room Tip: Not at this place!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TJ I
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

I did get a comfortable night sleep, even though I could here the guy next door snoring through the walls. The bed was comfortable. The pillows were comfortable. The towels were very thin. The place was clean, but the room looked a little run down. I'm not complaining because the price was good. The breakfast was excellent. There were so many choices. Driving there was enjoyable because the leaves have starting turning beautiful colors.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo