New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
North Brookfield, Massachusetts
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

My family (myself, my husband and two teens) had a family wedding to attend in the area. I found this hotel on-line. I could not have been more pleased. Not only was the hotel very clean and up to date, it was really nice. The beds were comfortable (even the pillows) and the rooms were great. We stayed in a 2 dbl bed room with the teens alternating on the floor. It worked out great. Breakfast was at least as good as going out for it. We were all very pleased. There was something for everyone. I would highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for a place to stay in the Rutland, Vermont area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank LRob28
TravelerfromVT, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites Rutland - Killington, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Vermont is such a great place to enjoy a wedding. Congratulations to the happy couple! Thank you for selecting us on your computer - we know you had lots of choices available to you in this area. I will be more than pleased to share your cleanliness comments with the staff and will post in the break room for all to read. It's a pleasure to be able to share your happiness with our staff - it will make their day. When in the are again, be sure to give us a call and we will be more than happy to accomodate you once again! Have a great summer. Coleen Lio, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
West Byfleet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

lovely hotel with homely lounge, complementary coffee during the day and excellent breakfast (although no soya milk). Room was very nice, clean and comfortable. We arrived one Friday evening and found that the company we booked through had made an error and duplicated our booking. The hotel staff went out of their way to help my boyfriend resolve this and also, as I was unwell they offered me tea and blankets and somewhere warm to rest whilst it was resolved. The hotel is in a splendid position looking out onto mountains and we had a great three night stay there recently.

2 Thank mary16767
It pleases me to know that our staff went out of their way to make you more comfortable while you were ill. There is nothing worse than being ill and having to travel. I want to thank you for the kind words about the front desk staff. I will be happy to share your comments for them and will search for the employee who helped you and give them a bonus. Blankets and tea were a nice touch - I agree! Thank you again for the positive review.

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed here on the weekend of April 27. We were given a second-floor room in building 2. Essentially the layout of this hotel is like that of a motel with multiple buildings.There was no elevator and you park under your room. The check-in desk and breakfast area/lounge are in the building nearest the road. All the windows look onto the hallway that leads from the stairs to the rooms so if you leave your curtains open, there is no privacy.

The room was average sized, quite sufficient for two people for two nights but not spacious.
There are two double beds in the rooms, a desk, a TV, a fridge that needs to be plugged in, and the heat needed to be turned up as it was only set to 67 F. The bathroom includes a hairdryer and a tiny shampoo and conditioner bottle that were not big enough to serve two people.

The bathroom was beginning to show some signs of disrepair. The shower curtain was missing a snap and had a little rip in it. The toilet needed some plumbing as it the bowl would fill up to the top and look like it was going to overflow but then the water would disappear over the space of a few hours. Then the cycle would start again. But overall, the room was clean and sufficient.

Breakfast is included and hot options were offered like waffles, eggs and sausages. A newspaper was offered in the lounge where there is a fireplace to relax by.

The staff were friendly at the front desk. I might stay there again but only if it were a couple of nights.

3 Thank KikouOttawa_Canada
TravelerfromVT, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites Rutland - Killington, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
I want to thank you very much for this review of our hotel. Your comments certainly opened our eyes to an issue that we were not aware of. Comments like yours help us to improve our communication skills and we have definately spoken to the housekeeping team about this type of issue going unresolved. We appreciate your sincere comments about our rooms and the service you received. We strive to ensure that each guest receives a great value while with us. Think of us again for a longer stay - and we'll accomodate you with an upgrade to our spacious one-bedroom suite. Let me know if I can help with any future reservations.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Since the first time I stayed here several years ago I always remember to come back and have never been disappointed. I was greeted with a friendly welcome back at front desk including welcome back treats. Nice touch! Decided to book the suite to have more room since we had a teenager and needed our own space. It was perfect just wish I was staying longer. The room was very clean and nicely supplied. The free breakfast is a plus and has a nice variety. Everything was clean & appetizing. I feel this hotel is a good value for all around comfort and friendly hotel. Did i mention free Wi Fi .I would highly recommend it and will definitely be back. Keep up the good work! Michele

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Foodie10465
TravelerfromVT, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites Rutland - Killington, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Welcome back! Let me say from the entire team at Best Western that we welcome your return and your wonderful nice comments about our hotel. We strive to offer a comfortable, clean hotel with value. I will be sure to share your comments with the team as this will encourage them to continue to take pride in their performances. Call us whenever you plan to return and we will take good care of you. Thanks again.

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

This Best Western is a bit different, it is really like living in a condo.Check-in and lobby were wonderful You will have to travel to get to your room and than to breakfast.
Our room was a small double bed room that looked like it had been converted from a single bed room.As soon as you walk in you are hit by the first bed.The hotel. does this probably to fit more people in the rooms.As a another reviewer mentioned the beds do cover the heating vents and one bed is against the front window.One husband said one big improvement would be to upgrade to flat screen TV's.The room was clean and breakfast was good.
We would stay again but we picked a quiet weekday.
The hotel is kinda in between Killington and Rutland and we did have to travel to eat dinner.
I would say if your a skier you would enjoy this hotel more!

Room Tip: Closer to the lobby will be easier for breakfast.
1 Thank mrtagr4
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I wanted you to know that your comments are not going unheard. In fact, we are planning on replacing all of the televisions in December of 2012 and are upgrading to 42" and 37" flat screens. Also, we are remodeling the standard rooms which are scheduled to be completed by June of 2013. We hope that you will be able to return to see these changes. Again, thank you for the response I really appreciate it and it helps us to determine what changes are necessary at the hotel. Hope to see you again soon.

Albany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

The hotel is just 20 minutes from lovely Nordic ski trails in Chittenden. Lounge and breakfast arrangement especially nice and spacious. Front desk staffperson, Jesse Clayton, made us delicious chocolate chip cookies while we watched the basketball tournaments on an oversized TV screen. Nice stay all around.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TravelerfromVT, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites Rutland - Killington, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Thank you for the nice compliments. We're glad that you found our location to Killington to be helpful during your ski trip. Think of us again when in the area. Coleen Lio, General Manager
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I booked this hotel based upon the reviews and proximity to Pico Mt. It was our family's first ski trip ever and with 2 teens, I wanted it to be perfect. I originally booked the room through Priceline (not bidding) but when I called a few days before check in, I found out that Priceline rooms were only a King standard, not the 1 bd suite I wanted/needed for 4 people. Stella at front desk was very helpful and assisted me in booking the appropriate room. Priceline was also very professional in trying to rectify this, but wasn't able to, and immediately refunded me the booking. The hotel is easily found along the same road to Pico Mountain. The lady at front desk checking me in was very friendly. The 1 bedroom suite was very very spacious, with full kitchen, dining area, king sleeper sofa. The bedroom had 2 Qns bed. The room was kept very clean and had all that we needed for our stay. The breakfast buffet was also very good, with Green Mountain coffee, bagels and muffins and toasts and cereal and oatmeal. The hot food was eggs, ham and grits. The best was the made your own waffle, yummy. What a way to start the day, and end the trip before the long drive home! The lady at the front desk was recommended us to dine at Lagasse's, which was offering a prime rib buffet dinner - OH MY, that was such a fabulous meal that we are still talking about it. Great tip! Only a few minutes from the hotel. Our kids were commenting on how nice everyone in Vermont was. Thanks for making our trip a blast, can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: we were in bldg two which was great as we can walk over to the lodge for breakfast, game room and fi...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ladychow
Wow! Sounds like you and your family had a great trip and I'm so glad that our hotel was a part of your ski weekend. I am sorry about the Priceline issue and their room definition should be made a bit clearer. All of the rooms offered on Priceline are standard rooms with 1 or 2 beds. You made the right choice switching to a one-bedroom suite. These rooms are very spacious and are much better for a large family. I will be sure to let everyone know about your comments - especially Tammy in breakfast. She says that everyone just "loves to make waffles!" I am so glad that your family was able to do this too. Think of us again for another ski trip or a summer trip for the family - there is a lot to do in our area. Let us know if we can help in any way. Thanks again for the response, I will be sure to share with the staff.
Fondly,

Coleen Lio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutland
6.3 km away
5.6 km away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 12 in Rutland

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites Rutland - Killington? Share your experiences!