“Perfectly delightful” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Saint Albans
Miami, Florida
“Perfectly delightful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed one night on business and was perfectly happy with my stay. The hotel is up-to-date, clean, and the staff are pleasant. Check-in was straightforward. The room was comfortable. Not at all dated. The breakfast included hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, waffles, juices, toast and pastry, and coffee. It wasn't the Ritz but it was completely fine. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Madison
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed one night on business and was very happy with my stay They are one of the few places to stay in this area, but they don't take advantage of their somewhat captive audience. I've stayed here several times before and have always had the same good experience. Friendly front desk staff, great king size bed in my room, and microwave and frig, as well. Not too many bathroom products - don't forget your own lotion and conditioner - but otherwise a well equipped room. Free wireless, free parking, free breakfast...what more could you want for the price?

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Southeast USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I had to select the May 2011 option for our visit, as earlier options were not available.

We stayed at the St. Albans LaQuinta in 2006, and it was AWFUL!!! Unless they are now under new management, with renovations in the rooms since 2006, then my review stands.

We had hotel points saved up to equal 5 free nights, and we were assured we could apply our points to our stay when I reserved our room long in advance. Upon arrival, we were told they would only accept 3 nights-worth. We weren't even there during any "peak" season. I was livid, for this hotel was the "nicest" one in the immediate area, and we had not planned on shelling out the additional money in our budget, which left us having to cancel other things we had planned. We spoke to the front desk clerk, and then also the hotel manager to try to rectify this issue, to no avail. I also did not appreciate how absolutely rude and unconcerned both were - and I remained absolutely nice throughout the ordeal!

Our room itself was very unclean, and unpleasant. The carpet floors smelled and had a grimy feel. Our socks and feet actually were black after walking on it. The bedspreads were also gross with stains, and the beds very uncomfortable. The bathroom door would not open all the way due to the counter being in the way, and you had to jimmy yourself in through the opening. Every time you'd enter, you'd get slammed right back in the face with the door. This was NOT AT ALL PLEASANT, as I was also pregnant at the time, and had severe morning sickness to, ah hem, deal with regularly.

It is one of the only hotels in St. Albans, which is a HUGE disappointment in itself. We are planning another visit this year to the area to see our friends, but I'm going to check out B&B's this time around. Hopefully they won't be an arm and a leg, either. Oy.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere if you can help it.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank From_the_Southeast
Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

We visited the hotel for one night enroute to Jay Peak. The hotel was clean, simple and well maintained. it is just off the highway and very easy to find. Front staff was excellent and very friendly. The breakfast was straightforward and decent selection for a quick free hotel breakfast. The only issue was the pool. We went to look at it the night we arrived and it was very cloudy with lots of pieces of what looked like toilet paper floating around. We didn't use the pool and forgot to give staff a heads up which I regret.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

Stayed here in mid October 2011 with family of four. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and the breakfast was ready at 6:30am and there was plenty. The pool was clean for the kids. At first there were no towels at the pool, but they were brought down soon after letting them know. It was a little pricey for an average hotel, but it was peak leaf season in VT, so I wasn't too surprised.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Murray, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

Checked in early at 11:30 am. Female at desk was very efficient and made sure everything was accurate. Checked my AAA card. Made sure my Southwest Airlines points would post. Very polite.

Room was very clean. I thought there might be highway noise, but there wasn't much at all.

Bathrooms large and clean with thick towels. Nice shower. Bed was extremely comfortable. Not what I'm used to at lower priced hotels. Some rooms have a fridge, some don't. No safe.

Indoor pool looked very nice, but I didn't use it.

I slept in kind of late each day, so I can't comment on how the breakfast was.

Room was always made up fast.

Nice convenience stop next door for snacks and just about everything else.

If I'm ever back in St. A, this will be where I'll stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west away from the highway.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank tcmorse6570
Swanton, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

I am a little confused by all these negative reviews. I always base my reviews based on value. If I pay 78 dollars INCLUSIVE of tax for a hotel, I will cut it a little more slack than the Burj Al Arab in Dubai which was over 1000 dollars a night. For the money, this hotel was an outstanding value. Very comfortable mattress, silky soft sheets, huge samsung TV with a wide array of cable channels, free breakfast, free internet, guest computer in lobby, etc.... The hostess at check in was charming. Was her name Jody I think? Older lady who was so sweet and helpful. I got a discounted rate since I had a relative in the hospital in town and found it easier to spend the night than going back and forth to my hometown an hour away. If you need to stay in St. Albans, I can't imagine you would find a better hotel. Jay Kerch

Room Tip: King Bed room 213 was great
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 9 in Burlington
37.0 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 13 in South Burlington
33.1 km away
Hampton Inn Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
#1 of 5 in Colchester

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Albans? Share your experiences!