Older property, like many Doubletrees, but don't let that put you off. It's been redone, hallway ceilings are still low, and hallways are "Vermonty". But the rooms themselves are clean and modernized.
Our check in was lightning fast. I am a Hilton Honors Elite member, so we had an upgrade to a suite waiting for us. No need to ask like other brands that I hold higher status at (Holiday Inn, I'm looking at you!). The staff had the suite ready, breakfast vouchers were ready, and there was even a personal note from the staff in the suite. Made me feel welcome for sure. And we seriously were done with check-in within a minute of walking in the door.
The suite had been updated, current colors were on the walls. Desk, fridge, and microwave were all in good shape. HD channels on the flatscreen, but a list of channels would have been handy if only to tip off that HD channels were available.
We used the pool and hot tub. The pool was cold, either not heated or not heated enough. There were a lot of towels left by guests who had obviously left, but staff had not cleaned up after.
Drawback, as others have noted, was internet speed. I used speedtest.net, and found the download to be 0.4mbps, uploads even slower. Yeah if I were trying to watch video on netflix, it wouldn't have worked. But the upload speeds weren't enough to quickly even upload email for work, let alone download for play.
Overall, I'd stay again, mostly based on my guest experience. But if I need to work, I'll be seeking out a starbucks or mcdonalds for faster internet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome from the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, five minutes from Burlington International Airport and downtown Burlington. Our hotel's central location puts business guests close to industrial parks and corporations like Ben & Jerry's and IBM. The University of Vermont, Champlain and Saint Michael's Colleges are nearby. University Mall, sports venues, restaurants and Higher Ground Music Hall are within walking distance. Expect outstanding service from our friendly staff and a signature, warm chocolate chip cookie. Relax in the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington hotel's grand oak lobby with fireplace and cozy seating. Spacious guest rooms and suites feature refrigerators, remote printing, complimentary WiFi access, and in-room recycling. Choose a suite for a private bedroom, extra space for families, a wet bar and sink, pull-out sofa bed and optional whirlpool tub. Hold business meetings and weddings at our hotel in Burlington, VT in elegant indoor and outdoor spaces accommodating up to 400 people. Stay connected at the complimentary 24-hour business center. The Adirondack-styled Trader Duke's Restaurant and Lounge serves traditional American cuisine and regional specialties. Savor a superb Sunday brunch seated near the field stone fireplace. Watch sports on flat-screen TVs and try local microbrews in Trader Duke's Lounge, also offering full menu dining. Take advantage of our indoor pool, whirlpool and seasonal sundeck. Exercise in the fitness center or relax in the gazebo and courtyard gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree South Burlington
- Doubletree Hotel South Burlington