“A flophouse with cable TV.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ho Hum Motel

Ho Hum Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Burlington
Ho Hum Motel
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in South Burlington
Tokyo
“A flophouse with cable TV.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

I've smirked often enough over the tales of travel in Motel Hell found in these pages to be fully deserving of the punishment administered last night at the HoHum Motel on Williston in Burlington Vermont. The stink of cheap motel rooms is no longer a shock to me, so I won't linger over that detail, or the matter of the telephones that are rigged to prevent contact with the outside world. But the bed linen is worth attention: When I turned down the bed for sleeping, I found that the sheets and pillow cases had not been changed since being used by a previous traveler, and, for all I know, since the traveler before last. So I lay down upon the body hair and other effluvia of an unknown colleague of the road, and arose at dawn wondering if he or she departed HoHum as sleepless and as depressed as I am. I type this in room 29.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
7 Thank ChuLai67

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2009

Just had our second stay this year at the Ho Hum Motel on Williston Rd. This is definitely a budget motel, but once again we were very satisfied. We booked one of the larger rooms ( 2 dbl beds vs 1) for this stay, and the room was clean, good sized and had a frig/micro. The bathroom appeared to have been recently updated, and there was plenty of hot water. Motel is on a busy road , but there are several restaurants adjacent to the motel, including the Arcadia Diner, which is a small old fashioned diner which serves a great breakfast. If you are looking for a good value in So. Burlington just down the road from several chain motel/hotels, this is it.

Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Puddles13
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2008

Arrived late at night due to a very late and delayed arrival by Jet Blue. Just walked in got great room and great rate .

Today is one year later and calling to book again for tonight.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank n888dle
New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2007

Our evening started out when we entered the room and turned on the AC and all the lights went out.

After 20 minutes they got them back on. The desk clerk didn't know enough to check the breakers (he had to be told).
The ceiling tiles were hanging down over the bed.
The tub faucet dripped and ran and would not turn off.
The bed was like laying on rocks with a sheet over them.
The room was dusty and dirty.
HOHUM is a very correct name for this run down motel.

Stayed August 2007
5 Thank dalesoil1

Travellers are raving about these South Burlington hotels

Northern Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2007

My husband, step-son (17) and myself stayed here on August 25, 2007 for 1 night.

School was starting, the fair, several weddings made finding a hotel in Burlington nearly impossible. We were not expecting much when we were sent there, (the name) we were pleasantly surprised. it was clean and very spacious. The management gave us extra towels when we requested them. The wireless internet is passworded, so you must ask for that information in order to log onto thier router. The pool appeared to be clean, and I watched several people come by and pick up cigarette butts and trash in the morning. Another guest approached me and offered me coffee the next morning.

I would stay there again if I'm in town.

• Liked — it was clean
  • Disliked — wasn't downtown
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2007

My daughter and I stayed here because all other hotels were booked because of a dog show and it was late. The mattress was so worn out that we had springs digging into our backs and shoulders. It was like sleeping on a grill, you could feel every bar across your back. Even with pillows underneath us, we could still feel the bars. We didn't get any sleep. I got up three times during the night to stretch out, like after a workout, because my muscles were so sore. The bath tub didn't drain properly and there we only 2 face cloths and 2 small towels in the room and we both have long hair. When we voiced our concerns, we were treated disrepectfully. The rest of our week long trip to the coast was great, the hotels and people were very nice.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — mattress
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
7 Thank outletshoppers
VT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2006

The Ho-Hum on Shelburne Rd in South Burlington is by far the worst motel room I have ever stayed in. The two bath towels were rough on the skin and would barely fit around a 28" waist.
The tub obviously had not been scubbed because of the black ring visable around it. The thin wooden door between the adjoining room provided little privacy. In oder to not hear the conversation and/or every move of the guests next door it was necessary to turn the air conditioner on at full volume. The faucets leaked. And now we come to the matress! It was barely large enough for two people. The matress and box spring were so worn out that no matter where on the bed my boyfriend and I attempted to sleep we found ourselves sprawled togehter in the midddle of the bed. After a sleepless night I went to the front desk to voice my concerns. The attitude of the man there was: "HO-HUM". Now I know how the motel got its name. If you have seen the commercial on TV where a guest at the Holiday Inn is feeling like a brain surgeon, then after a sleepless night at the HO-HUM you will feel like you"ve just had a frontal lobotomy.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — too numerous to mention
  • Tips/Secrets — Don stay at the HO-HUM