“Excellent prime rib”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2017

as evidenced by the title, had the prime rib, cooked to perfection and good portion. not fancy but appears that local love it as the parking lot was full.

Reviewed April 11, 2017

We have been dining at Black Rock for years. The food has always been very good with the occasional oops dish (? substitute chef) The wait staff is pleasant and attentive. Many people enjoy cooking their food on "the rock". They offer cooking your own food on a hot rock at your table (like steak, fish, chicken etc) Cheapest steak starts at $18 and goes up from there. The food is fresh with trips to Boston bringing back fresh beef and fish. On Wednesdays they whole sale to the public from next to the restaurant. This is a great way to get some great fish, beef and produce ! See their Facebook page. What they pick up and offer each week changes. Its easy to choose things that are gluten free because its just meat. They DO NOT offer gf pasta which drives me crazy! What a simple thing to do. Their salad bar is AMAZING!

Reviewed March 29, 2017

Our family visited this restaurant by change. While the atmosphere is dated and you leave smelling like a restaurant, the food was great. My husband enjoyed the filet and I really enjoyed the vegetables on the rock. Kids enjoyed having their food cook in front of them on the black rock.

Reviewed March 10, 2017

OK -- I’ve sung the praises of Black Rock, and then expressed some disappointment over cold service, smaller portions and increased prices. Maybe they listened? Returned today for lunch. Denese, our favorite waitress from the past, greeted us like long lost family, and provided excellent, warm, attentive service throughout our meal. I was glad for the trainee waitress getting tutored by Denese -- she is getting top quality education in serving customers well.

Our portions (fried clams) were back to being decent sized. The wine pour is still generous, the salad bar offers many delightful options. I was somewhat surprised that is was not as crowded as we expected fo the Friday lunch hour. Several booths with Senior Citizen couples, and one or two with what looked like business lunch duos.

Neighbors who dined there recently complained about the noise, we we’ve noted in the past at dinner. Perhaps lunch is the best bet for us moving forward.

Reviewed March 5, 2017

Past experience should have kept us away but my Mom wanted to take us out to dinner in memory of her mother. We made reservations 3 days ahead for 6 people. Unfortunately my son came down with a stomach bug and was unable to join us at the restaurant last minute. When my mom arrived there ahead of us she told them it would only be 5 and they refused to seat her (at 78 years old). The place was jammed full of people and was extremely loud and cold. I was actually glad that we didn't stay and instead went down the street to 56 Main Street for a wonderful meal. The past visit at Black Rock ended up with my son chipping his tooth on what seemed to be a large shell in his lobster salad. No apology from the waitress or staff. Just a rude, cold and noisy restaurant in my opinion and certainly it will be the last time we go there. We have purchased many gift certificates for Christmas presents as well but I'm sure 56 Main Street will be happy for our business.