I stayed here for a conference in February. The hotel is very cozy...the rooms beautiful, with most of them having a gas fireplace. The first night we ate at Charlie B's Pub (a hotel restaurant) and had bad service. The waiter was slow...food came out slow. However, the food and drinks were delicious, so we let it slide. The last day of the conference, 6 of us went to grab lunch at Charlie B's again before we left for a long drive home. THe service this time was awful! The waitress barely came to our table to take our orders...wouldn't make eye contact with us to even get her attention. When she finally came over, she was not very friendly and it took almost 45 minutes for all of the food to come out. All in all, we ended up sitting there for 2 1/2 hours for a lunch that was supposed to be quick so we could hit the road. We all left the hotel very disgruntled after that.
That being said...a few other positives about the place. THhy have snow shoe rentals which was a lot of fun...beautiful grounds. ALos, the spa was top notch...one of the best spas I've ever been in. Beautiful facilities....waiting area with lounge chairs and cold cucumbers for your eyes. A great massage therapist. Then, a large communal mineral bath, jacuzzi, and waterfalls that a bunch of us girls hung out in for over 2 hours. Very very relaxing....also had everything needed to shower...shampoo/conditioner/soap, hairdryers, combs, q-tips, lotion.....everything!
This hotel is great for it's rooms, location, and spa...not so great for restaurant service (but again, food was very good).
While in Stowe, I would recommend eating at the Whip Bar and Grill in the Green Mountain Inn....excellent food and service. But make reservations...the place is popular!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa is a full-service resort ideally located in the heart of Stowe. Owned and operated by the Baraw family for fifty years, the AAA 4-diamond property is home to an unparalleled array of amenities and facilities, including a 50,000 square foot world class spa, an award-winning restaurant, elegant accommodations, and the largest resort-based conference center in Vermont.Stoweflake is situated on 60 acres and includes golf facilities, clay tennis courts, play areas, indoor and outdoor pools, outdoor Jacuzzi, and groomed XC trails. Within walking distance is a wide variety of popular restaurants, pubs and specialty shops to explore.Visit us soon for a relaxing retreat or an adventurous mountain getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoweflake Mountain Resort And Spa
- Stoweflake Mountain Hotel Stowe
- Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa Stowe, Vermont