“Good Location Nice Grounds”
Review of Commodores Inn

Commodores Inn
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Toronto, Canada
“Good Location Nice Grounds”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

This Inn has a good location on the fringe of town, away from some of the busier spots. Nice grounds including a man made lake. Nice patio overlooking the lake.

Room Tip: Accepted our dog without question.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Moneychanger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Manchester, CT
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Great location from Ben & Jerry's to hot cider donuts at the Cider Mill. Or even VT Teddy Bear factory and many other great places in Shelburn only 1 hour away. We love this place and already have our next trip planned (before we left). Hotel staff is very friendly, food was great and we could tell that they knew many of the other guests around us. Which speaks highly for thier repeat business. Staying at another hotel would make my next trip incomplete! You have to see the cham of this place for yourself.

Room Tip: Rooms 116 + are on the back side with a private parking lot in back. We liked being that close to or...
commodores, Owner at Commodores Inn, responded to this review, 26 November 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We always appreciate whatever feedback that we get. It helps us continue to make sure that all of our guests have a wonderful experience when they visit us. We look forward to welcoming you next time you are here.

Carrie Nourjian
Concord, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We had great time hotel was good staff was friendly, pool hottubes what a great place to unwind after long day of sking site seeing. the cider mill up the street is a must

Reviewed 14 November 2011

My husband and I had a fabulous time at your hotel, all the staff we're helpful and accomidating to our every need. The frontdesk staff, wait staff, and house keeping were all very pleasent and made our stay with you even more enjoyable....we are very much looking forward yo our next trip. We also enjoyed the sweet little shops and restaurants in the area.

• Stayed November 2011
NH
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We have stayed here several times and its always been great. The Staff is amazing.. they will go way out of the way to help you in any way they can The Hotel is a bit dated.. but its clean and very comfortable. The food and the service in the restaurant are great. We will stay there again... for sure.

commodores, Owner at Commodores Inn, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We really appreciate knowing how our guests feel about their experiences so that we can make improvements where needed. I am so glad that you had a wonderful experience.

I want you to know we appreciate your comment concerning our establishment being dated. As the economy has been difficult for the past few years we have only been able to update a few areas at a time. Our most recent update, last spring, was putting new carpet throughout our public areas (corridors, lobby & stairs) and new wall paper in the stairways. We do have plans for more updates next spring.

Again I am so glad that you had such a wonderful experience and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Carrie Nourjian
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We just had a fantastic weekend at the Commodores with our group. We absolutely loved the staff who attended to our every need from check in to check out! Its been a long time since we have had such fantastic service, and its clear that this is a family run inn who values their guests every need. The restaurant was great with good food and awesome service, we enjoyed kicking back at the bar with a cocktail as well as relaxing by the fireplace.

We would highly recommend the Commodores Inn for anyone looking to spend time in the Stowe area

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Although I enjoyed my stay, I must be honest and tell you that this hotel is a mixed bag. I got a great rate and for what I paid, I would gladly return. The cookies and cider were there when I checked in, but I never saw them again and I stayed 3 days and 2 nights. The restaurant is just AWFUL. The buffet dinner is a gross arrangement of old food, overcooked, blah.Wilted lettuce on the salad bar ( how old was it?) I didn't eat it. A person at my table said it rated a 4 out of 10. The staff gave it a 6 because I wanted an honest answer and my own guess from looking at it was about a 5 out of 10.The chef refused simple requests to improve MY dining experience that I was paying for...I ordered off the bar menu which you may not be told about when you are seated. Someone needs to tell that guy that he is there to feed us, we are not there to feed his ego! Luckily, I had food I had brought with me and a cooler in the car. So it was easy for me to use the lobby microwave to cook meals and I packed my lunch for the great bikepath nearby. I had to ask for a different room when I checked in bec it smelled and when I picked up the phone to call the front desk, it smelled so bad I didn't want it near my mouth! I could also hear the tv clear as day from the next room. That was in the rooms around 105 or so. I ended up being put next door to the pool. My room was ajar when I went to put the key in and the window was open slightly. Security risks need to be paid attention to. I used the pool and hot tub which were both nice. Would have liked the pool a tad warmer. I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have normally so only used it once. The staff was helpful. The second room was clean and the bed was comfortable despite it's age. The furniture really has to be from the 70's and 80's it is really out of date. The conference room was across the hall from me and they woke me up. Someone had keys jangling in the hall at 2"30am but I wasn't quite asleep yet. Needless to say, you can hear everything between rooms and into the hallway. It is a tired old outdated motel being passed off as an Inn, but it is one mile from the lower village of Stowe and therefore convenient. For the amount of time you would spend in the motel, the price is right if you want a budget rate in a great location. It is handicap accessible, but they could use self push buttons for the front doors. They have luggage carts which is nice. They have a cozy living room area with a fire place that looked nice. I would strongly recommend you check your room before you accept it. I was lucky they were not full and were able to give me a different room which was overall just fine. I have been travelling through 10 states over the last 2 months so I have seen a lot of different hotels, inns, and motels. I would rate this a 6or7 out of 10 primarily because of the gross food, outdated image of the rooms, and the noise level if you don't have respectful neighbors or a large group staying when you are. But for me, the location and rate let me overlook the flaws of the place and I would go back.

Room Tip: Check your room before you accept it. Go into town for dinner. The buffet is gross. Bring your own f...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
CommodoresStowe, Manager at Commodores Inn, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that your stay with us was not all that you had hoped it would be. We always appreciate the feedback.
Unfortunately, you must have missed the timing on our cookies and juice, as we set our afternoon refreshments out everyday at 3pm and keep them available until 6pm.
I was surprised to hear that our chef was unwilling to fulfill your requests, as he prides himself on going the extra mile to satisfy all of his guests and that you were not pleased with your overall dining experience. I will definitely bring your concerns to his attention and have them addressed. We typically do not offer our separate lounge menu in our dining room, as the majority of guests are intending to eat from our country prime rib buffet, but it is always available upon request.
I will speak with our head housekeeper about your concerns within the first room you were assigned and am sorry that your neighbors were not respectful in their noise levels.
With the economy the way it has been for several years now, our remodeling has been slow, but steady. We have made great strides in improving our guests experiences and intend to continue in this trend as we move forward.