Town & Country Resort Motor Inn
Commodores Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$94
Green Mountain Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$134
Stowe Motel & Snowdrift(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$82
Stowe Mountain Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$199
  • Pool
Innsbruck Inn At Stowe(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$69
Sun & Ski Inn and Suites(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$112
Golden Eagle Resort(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$95
The Stowehof(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$88
Trapp Family Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$200
Topnotch Resort(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$183
Hotels.com
All reviewstennis courtscourt buildingindoor poolstayed here for one nighthot tubbike pathworked fineupdated roomsbit wornfollowing morningbreakfast stafffree breakfastwinter monthslocation is excellentmusty smellnew englandminute drive
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I was in Stowe for a women's hockey tournament and signed up last minute for a room at Town & Country by chance as it had a vacancy. The rate was very reasonable and when I arrived I was informed that they were going to upgrade me to a larger room. We were given a cool, rustic loft type room (#59) that had so much character and was very large. We enjoyed our stay very much and got great customer service from the staff. In the evening, we called down needing a battery for the TV remote and a light bulb for one that had blown out and received both quickly from a quiet but professional individual. When I left I forgot my curling iron in the bathroom and received a call from the Inn saying they found it and would hold it for me.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2012

They seem to run a bus pretty often for them. If you are not a ski person, don't go here. Beds were clean and comfortable. Shower made awful vibrating noise. Dry heater came on every 10 minutes, and was also very noisy. You will likely be too tired to notice the heater. Food served in their lounge, but not for lunch. Subway and Gas Station is right next door.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Nestled in the beautiful mountain town of Stowe, Vermont lies the Town and Country Resort. We visited this property at the end of November, just after the Thanksgiving holiday. A fresh snowfall on the ground made for a picture perfect setting in this quiet town. We stayed in one of the resorts “family rooms” which was equipped with 2 queen beds and 2 sofa beds. The room was large, by any standard, and rather rustic looking, as well, with the hard wood ceiling and beams up above. We stayed at an especially quiet time of year for Stowe. I believe we were the only guests staying in this particular building. The property itself has 3 separate buildings. One is located adjacent to the outdoor pool, the other near the tennis courts and finally the main building, at the front, which is also attached to the hotel office.

For leisure, the resort also features an indoor pool, sauna, and jacuzzi. In the summertime, they also have a large outdoor pool area, as well. We also stayed at this property 2 other times, both during the summer months. During this time, we also stayed in the other family room with 3 double beds, just steps away from the pool. This room is also very large. The kids could not get enough of the outdoor pool. Another perk of this property is that it is located directly off the Stowe Recreation path. Perfect for a leisurely stroll during the summer or fall months before the snow comes. Also, during the summer the resort offers a full breakfast with most of their room packages. Per their website, this is also offered during the winter and the fall foliage seasons. Breakfast is served either inside the banquet style restaurant or outside on the patio during the summer. Unfortunately, when we were staying the restaurant was closed. We would have certainly given them business if they were open.

One characteristic I've noticed with this property is that everything is kept very clean and well maintained throughout. It's obvious the owners of this property attend to both the rooms and the public areas with lots of attention to detail. The area of this resort, also can not be beat. It is just up the road from the downtown shopping area of Stowe, Close enough to be just a couple minute drive down the road, yet far enough to be away from the minor traffic congestion in that part of town at certain times of year. In November, the last time we stayed, it was very quiet.

I've traveled quite a bit around the northeast for family getaways. I must stay that Stowe is right at the top of my list. This is the 3rd time we stayed at this resort. We plan to return to Town and Country again and again for our family trips. Sure, there may be a few other more luxurious accommodations in Stowe, but at a much higher price tag well above our range. It's not like we can afford a $200.00 massage in one of the SPA hotels up the road, anyway. But, in my opinion, this resort offers everything we would need or want. A tranquil relaxing setting, spacious rooms which meet our family's needs, and plenty of recreation options. Perhaps the most important, the opportunity to just sit back and relax. At least for us, this is what vacation is all about. Stowe and this well maintained resort make this more than possible.

Room Tip: If you have a large family, opt for one of the resort's Family Room. If you want to be close to the indoor/outdoor pools, request the pool building.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ctstormwatcher
Reviewed January 1, 2012

This place is way overpriced. The mattress we had was worn out so we rolled into eachother all night, the walls and ceilings are super thin so we listened to our neighbors get after it and drunken people outside in the middle of the night, and then we woke up early because we were right under the office and the staff started walking around above us. The blanket were worn out and thin and the room, for 150$, didnt come with a microwave or fridge.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KitKatSkis
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Very pleasant on the phone, but beware once you pay they are very unaccomodating. They did not want to get me linen for the sofa bed. I had to use my own blankets out of my car. It was extremely dirty and moldy. The apparent non smoking room (they swore up and down that it wasn't) stunk so bad my daughter was heaving in the middle of the night because of the smell. The smoke detector was disconnected, the hairdryer in the bathroom did not work, the pillow were as flat as pancakes and the beds were the most uncomfortable I have slept on ever! We had to sweep up about 200 cigarette butts outside our room. Most of the maybe five chairs around the pool were broken. We booked for two nights, but after the first night they would not refund our money. I Knew that it wouldn't be the most up to date of accomodations, but all I ask for is clean and maybe a pillow and blanket for ever party staying in the room.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
skinutstowe, General Manager at Town & Country Resort Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

I just checked out another bus load of happy customers from Texas and then come back to my desk and read this review. I am obviously quite surprised. I wish you would have let the management know of your displeasure rather than writing what I consider an unfair review. I am not sure when you stayed or which room but we only have 3 rooms with sofa beds, I have looked up our history thru September when you claim to have stayed and I still cant figure out when you were here if at all, I dont see any guests from your town of Pelham Canada. However I just went thru my rooms with sofa beds and did not find any rooms with hair dryers that dont work, the smoke detectors were all connected, our sofa beds are always made up with linens ahead of time and our pool furniture was not "all broken". I personally attend to the pool furniture and know this for a fact. I also find it hard to believe the fact your daughter was sick due to our rooms. Our rooms are all non-smoking, unfortunately there are still people who break this rule on occasion which we try to discourage. I just hope you have the right property.