“Looks can be deceiving.”
Review of The Stowe Inn

The Stowe Inn
Ranked #15 of 22 Stowe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We stayed in the main house, which was charming yet creaky. If you don't appreciate old farmhouse-style places, you won't like this inn. The decor of our room was gorgeous and it was well-appointed. The room was also very large. However, old places have creaks, cracks and lack certain amenities - like adequate outlets and key cards. (we had to use real keys for the door) My biggest complaint was that the boiler broke and we had no hot water...and in Vermont, the water out the tap is frigid. Showering was a misery. All would have been fine had the issue been acknowledged with an apology at the very least. Nothing. Not an "I'm sorry for the inconvenience" or an offer to discount our stay, a coupon for breakfast. Nothing. Its charm was overshadowed by the poor customer service. Oh, and there's no elevator.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Checked into our room early in afternoon, staff was very nice. We never went to our room until later that evening and we had no towels. Asked the attendant if he could get us some towels and he came back a bath mat, a hand towel and 2 pool towels. We had 4 people in the room. The faucet in the sink looked like it was going to fall off and the shower faucet as well. The floor in the room had white stuff all over. We had young children in the room with us and they wanted to play with their toys and I had to tell them to get 0ff the floor. The furniture was dirty. For the price I paid it is absurd and It was such a disappointment the condition of this room. The hotel 8 would have been better. Pipes and wires were exposed from a heater of some sort in the wall. The management should be ashamed of renting this room. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank scross1
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

The Stowe Inn provided all i needed. Upon arriving i was greated warmly by Lee. The accomodations for my teen daughter and i were in the main house. Nice big comfy beds and clean room. The restaurant was delish and the bar was great!!! Great selection of wine and spirits , but what put the cherry on top of my stay was the Heddy Topper. The Stowe Inn exceded all of my expectations. Looking forward to my next visit.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Stowe Inn with my husband and four month old daughter. The room was comfy and had a cute little balcony, and the staff was super kind and accommodating. Plus, Stowe Inn is the only reasonably priced place to stay within walking distance of town! The restaurant on site looks tasty, but there are also a ton of other places to eat just ten minutes away on foot. Lots of hiking trails nearby, and the pool looks inviting, too. I would definitely recommend this Inn for families traveling in VT!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Clean and cozy. Very nice stuff. A place where you can spend your holiday and enjoy nature. Also, the food is very delicious and there is a lot of diversity on the menu. I would totally recommend it!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Honestly I like Stowe Inn. I was there some days ago with some good friends and we had a really nice time. The rooms was clean and nice, the staff was friendly and helpful and the restaurant looks nice. The breakfast was delicious and looked good.The dinner was really good, and we had a pleasant time there.
I recommend The Stowe Inn!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2017

We stayed at Stowe Inn for one night earlier this month. It was a last-minute booking as we'd been camping with our dogs but the forecast was calling for thunderstorms, and we have one pooch not so fond of thunder so we thought it might be best to spend that night in a hotel. We called the Inn about two hours in advance & they set us up for early check-in on a pet-friendly room. When we arrived the ladies working the front desk were very friendly - really no complaints at all there.

Our room was in an older building at the backside of the property. I believe they called it the carriage house. The room was very dated, with old carpet, shag lampshades, an old television, and some baseboards falling off. The air conditioner was a small window unit that had to be on full-blast to cool the room even moderately.

The room was mostly clean, with the exception of dirt in the bathtub. It was literal dirt - dried mud - that we assume came from the bottom of the cleaner's bucket or something. Certainly not the end of the world buuut considering the front desk called ahead to make sure our room was clean and ready to go, not the best.

Water pressure was good but the shower was definitely not designed for tall guests... it was okay for me at 5'7" but my husband is just over 6' and couldn't adjust the shower head to actually get his head under without having to crouch.

I actually liked the bedding... they did not have the standard hotel-grade bedding, but there were a few small stains on the comforter.

They advertise free WiFi & gave us the password on check-in, but it did not work for most of our stay. I'm not sure if reception in the carriage house was less than in the main building, but we could not connect to the WiFi well enough to even send an iMessage (and we tried on multiple devices).

There was an adjoining room door in our room which the guests next door tried to test late in the night... certainly not a fault of the hotel but uncomfortable nonetheless.

There is an outdoor pool that I attempted to use one evening after spending the day on the mountain but there were too many bugs. There truly was not space for me to do one lap or even duck my head under the water without worry of bugs getting in my hair. I know it is hard to maintain a bug-free outdoor pool, so even if there was a net available for guests to do some skimming before taking a dip?

Now I assume that there are a limited number of pet-friendly rooms on the premises and it is not a surprise to me that the pet-friendly rooms are the 'lesser quality' rooms... but taxes & fees included we paid $170 for one night at this place and it felt more like a low caliber Super 8 than a cute inn.

I wouldn't go so far as to say avoid at all costs... but I will not return!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple