All reviewsriver house restaurantthe main housecharacter and charmcharming placenew englandshort drivetavernpianofireplaceskiing
Reviewed September 7, 2017

We stayed in the main house, which was charming yet creaky. If you don't appreciate old farmhouse-style places, you won't like this inn. The decor of our room was gorgeous and it was well-appointed. The room was also very large. However, old places have creaks, cracks and lack certain amenities - like adequate outlets and key cards. (we had to use real keys for the door) My biggest complaint was that the boiler broke and we had no hot water...and in Vermont, the water out the tap is frigid. Showering was a misery. All would have been fine had the issue been acknowledged with an apology at the very least. Nothing. Not an "I'm sorry for the inconvenience" or an offer to discount our stay, a coupon for breakfast. Nothing. Its charm was overshadowed by the poor customer service. Oh, and there's no elevator.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2017

Checked into our room early in afternoon, staff was very nice. We never went to our room until later that evening and we had no towels. Asked the attendant if he could get us some towels and he came back a bath mat, a hand towel and 2 pool towels. We had 4 people in the room. The faucet in the sink looked like it was going to fall off and the shower faucet as well. The floor in the room had white stuff all over. We had young children in the room with us and they wanted to play with their toys and I had to tell them to get 0ff the floor. The furniture was dirty. For the price I paid it is absurd and It was such a disappointment the condition of this room. The hotel 8 would have been better. Pipes and wires were exposed from a heater of some sort in the wall. The management should be ashamed of renting this room. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank scross1
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

The Stowe Inn provided all i needed. Upon arriving i was greated warmly by Lee. The accomodations for my teen daughter and i were in the main house. Nice big comfy beds and clean room. The restaurant was delish and the bar was great!!! Great selection of wine and spirits , but what put the cherry on top of my stay was the Heddy Topper. The Stowe Inn exceded all of my expectations. Looking forward to my next visit.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Stowe Inn with my husband and four month old daughter. The room was comfy and had a cute little balcony, and the staff was super kind and accommodating. Plus, Stowe Inn is the only reasonably priced place to stay within walking distance of town! The restaurant on site looks tasty, but there are also a ton of other places to eat just ten minutes away on foot. Lots of hiking trails nearby, and the pool looks inviting, too. I would definitely recommend this Inn for families traveling in VT!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

Clean and cozy. Very nice stuff. A place where you can spend your holiday and enjoy nature. Also, the food is very delicious and there is a lot of diversity on the menu. I would totally recommend it!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends