“Euro Ski-Resort Atmosphere, Prices, and 1st-Rate Pot Roast & Little Pig”
Review of Mulligan's

Mulligan's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 29, 2015

We were here off-season on a Fall Foliage tour and Mulligans was the only restaurant we found open for breakfast and dinner. They did an exceptional job of accommodating large groups (like 2 tour bus-loads of us hitting at the same time). Since table seating was at a premium, we grabbed a couple of their 'cowhide' covered stools at the bar. They had about 20 beers on tap and a decent selection of wine. Our bartender was efficient and friendly, she even gave us a couple beer 'tasters'. I decided on a Trapp pilsner made by descendents of the Von Trapp family, famous for escaping from Austria during WWII. It tasted like authentic Tyrolean/Bavarian biers should. We noticed a huge spigotted glass container filled with veggies & vodka? sitting on the bar. I guess it's used for Mulligans specialty drink, Infused Bloody Marys.

The pot roast dinner I ordered had large, tender chunks of braised roast beef, real mashed potatoes, gravy and al-dente whole green beans. My friend got Mulligan's The Little Pig - wood-fired flat bread topped with pulled pork, bacon, jack & cheddar cheeses with maple BBQ sauce. Their apple crisp was also delicious, it came warm and topped with both whipped cream and ice cream. The next morning their buffet contained a good variety of breakfast items, I liked the bacon and pancakes the best. Mulligans prices did not seem grossly over-priced; but then I expect to pay ski-resort prices when vacationing in an upscale, premier ski resort village like Stratton Mtn. advertises.

1  Thank OTR_Again_IM

Reviewed November 19, 2015

My wife and I were on a Fall Foliage Tour and we were staying at the Long Trail House. We didn't have many choice on restaurants that were open during the time we were there. This was one of three that were open. The food was decent. We also had breakfast here in the morning which was decent. The service wasn't that great. We had trouble trying to get people from our tour group to seat together.

Reviewed November 4, 2015 via mobile

Love this place!! I visit every time I am in the area!!! Can't lose! The nachos are not to be missed!!! Yum yum! And the service without fail is sweet, considerate and attentive...no matter how busy they are!! Always a fun and delicious time.

Reviewed October 31, 2015

One cannot go wrong ordering the pot roast. There were others who ordered different things & gave very good reviews; especially, the fish 'n chips! I almost regretted not ordering them when I saw them come out. It was my impression that just about anything you order is going to be good. Their breakfast buffet was very nice also. For some reason this surprised me; don't know why! It was a full buffet with cereals, fresh fruits, bacon, sausage., potatoes, AND pancakes. And probably some more items I have forgotten about. The service was great!

Reviewed October 17, 2015

We were taken via golf cart from our hotel (condo) to breakfast at 6:30 a.m. It was a chilly ride, but the food was worth it!!! It was really good. Since it was not very far we opted to walk back. It was a nice walk and it helped to "walk off" some of the delicious food we had eaten.