“Spectacular meal with the family capping off a great week of skiing!!!!”
Review of Verde Restaurant

Verde Restaurant
Price range: US$21 - US$39
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mountainside restaurant offering the best that Vermont has to offer; heirloom vegetables, heritage meats, locally crafted beer & liqueurs, artisan bread & cheese, and the freshest seafood all served with Mediterranean flare in a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Dinner Wed-Sat/ Lunch Fri-Sat Visit website for hours and reservations.
Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

The whole family dined at Verde yesterday evening. We've been skiing here all week and this dining experience was the highlight of our visit as it was a delightful evening.

The food was impeccable, wine selection was most excellent, and service very attentive but never too much. Kim was our server and was very helpful throughout the evening (thanks for the wine recommendation).

My only regret was not enough leftovers!!

Everything we ordered was delicious from the beet salad and scallop appetizers to the beef flatbread. We ordered different entrees: the trout was very nicely prepared with an array of different flavors accompanying the dish. The filet mignon was so delicious that my 12 year old daughter inhaled the dish. The rack of lamb was a beautiful cut of meat and was cooked to perfection. I had the papperdelle bolognese and dare I say that the kitchen captured the flavors with a homemade pasta that surpassed what I experienced in Italy this past summer!!! No small feat!!

This was capped off with several delicious desserts. I highly recommend the chocolate cake with its savory chocolate flavor that lingers like a good wine.

All said, this was a memorable meal with the family capping off a great week of skiing!!!

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed March 5, 2017

A great change of pace for mountain dining
Comfortable dining room
Staff attentive
Oysters tremendous halibut was excellent
Vanilla bean cheesecake as good as it gets
Great view of mountain

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank bigjac15
Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

We were here for a Sunday dinner with the kids over President's Day weekend. Unfortunately the food did not live up to the prices. The polenta dish was the biggest disappointment with an odd mix of flavors. The duck main course was ok, but not memorable. The highlight was the blood orange sorbet for dessert. Our server was very pleasant, but the kitchen seemed to run very slow as we waited nearly an hour between the appetizer and the main courses. Not a bad meal by any measure, just didn't live up to the price tag.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank Kolobok
Reviewed February 20, 2017

I had a delicious filet mignon with béarnaise sauce. The servings are not huge, but pretty and enough for me. My husband really enjoyed the venison dish with sweet potatoes and an apple slaw. It looks good, but I didn't taste it. Another friend enjoyed his Pappardelle Bolognese, but again the portions are adequate. My daughter-in-law really liked her beet salad and scallops side dishes. There was a decent selection of imported bottles/cans of beer, as nothing is on tap. I had a mixed drink which was good, while my d-i-l had a nice dry white wine. We did not indulge in dessert, but we were tempted by the menu.

The service was friendly, and not rushed. It was very noisy though, which is always annoying for me. The temperature fluctuated from chilly to fine during the night. It was difficult to get a reservation 3 nights in advance during the winter. The kitchen is totally open, and there are many people standing around the bar, which was a little tacky. Overall ambiance is just ok. Crowded and dark.

It's not cheap; my filet was $46, but it was a good cut of meat. The venison is farm raised, and not gamey. I would definitely go back, but I will try to sit in the little area on the right when you walk in if possible to reserve there. They do not take online reservation from their website. You must call.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed January 31, 2017 via mobile

Should not be missed: exceptional menu, excellent cocktails and attentive and friendly service; maintaining very high quality in all respects, yet the atmosphere is vibrant and relaxed. Hugely adds to the stay in the mountain; definitely worth a trip even if not staying nearby.

Date of visit: January 2017