“Great find!”

Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Vergennes
Cuisines: American, Diner, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Welcome to 3 Squares Café! We're serving up casual and creative cuisine three meals a day, seven days a week. Located in historic downtown Vergennes, we welcome you to bring the entire family and enjoy a meal in our eclectic, comfortable atmosphere. Noted for our dedication to cooking from scratch, serving generous portions, and supporting local producers, we have been pumping nourishment into the heart of the Vergennes community and those who visit since 2007.
Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

After realizing the restaurant we were planning to go to was still closed for the season, we found this little restaurant for dinner. The restaurant was spotless and the food, from the tuna melt to the buttermilk chicken sandwich were all fresh and absolutely delicious and the portions were huge. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed February 20, 2018

Discovered this gem in the middle of an attractive Vermont town through a Travel App.
First let me say Breakfast is served until 3 pm. (Note to self: travel to
Vermont during breakfast hours).
I ordered the turkey bacon and Swiss panino with garlic mayo. Huge enough to take half home for next day when it tasted just as good as when initially prepared. My dining companions ordered the 1/2 lb Bowden farm hamburger.
One of the most delicious burgers they have ever eaten. Each dish came with a fresh mesclun salad dressed lightly (not over saturated) with a maple balsamic vinagrettte.
Just delicious!! I also had the vanilla bean latte. Umm.
We live in the NY Adirondacks, but will be making the 1 1/2 hour trip to enjoy further offerings.
The cafe is open daily from 8am to 8pm. They specialize in farm to table food using local Vermont products. The freshness is certainly evident and delicious.
We dined on a Tuesday evening in the middle of a fun Trivia game.
Great atmosphere, friendly and efficient service. Can’t say enough good about it.
You have to try it.

Reviewed January 10, 2018

I stopped by for the first time to preview this cafe for a group breakfast meeting. Looking over the dining room you can get a feel of the old building housing the cafe. The ceiling is painted beaded tongue and groove and the ceiling is supported by large timbers. The furniture is simple wooden benches, chairs, and tables. Clean and neat. The loud music made it a bit hard to hear the counter person. Orders are taken at a single counter queue up. The bills of fare are scrawled on chalk boards placed around and behind the counter. It took me a while to figure out breakfast since sides and breads are not displayed. There is no whole wheat toast available. The breakfast sandwich was a panini. Some old standbys, such as corned beef hash are not available. You fetch your own coffee and refills. There is espresso. The counter person brings orders to where ever you sit. I had an omelet with cheddar and chorizo. It was a very good raised omelet, not a flat foldover. The link sausage was the standard commercial maple variety. An OK offering. The home fries were nicely handcut and grilled or pan fried but after a taste I left them. They were covered in some type of seasoning I didn't care for. There had been no warning on the menu. A choice of seasoned or plain would have been nice. The toast, which choice I left to the counter person, was a very thinly sliced piece of some type of artisanal bread that was very crunchy, I left it. All in all I give the cafe a "meh". The loud music precludes moderate conversation and queuing a group up at the counter to study the chalk boards is not desirable. Some of us have pedestrian tastes. Won't bring the group, too trendy.

1  Thank Charles T
Reviewed December 16, 2017 via mobile

On our way to Burlington, we decided to stop here for a late breakfast. We ordered the Tofu Vegetable Scrambler and the Wild Maine Blueberry Pancakes with a side of home fries. All the prices were pretty reasonable. I got the hot tea and they had a good variety of Tazo flavors to chose from. Our food came out relatively quickly. The white chocolate chips with the blueberries in the pancakes were a good pair. The home fries came out with scallions on top which definetly added more flavor to them. The pesto in the tofu scramble blended very well with the vegetables. Overall, we both were very satisfied with our meals. If you're in Vergennes, definetly stop her for breakfast.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Love eating here. The food is fresh and delicious. I have never had a bad meal. It is a popular place, even when busy your order is ready without too long a wait.