“Superb food for the every day man/woman ”
Review of Peasant

Peasant
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Waitsfield
Cuisines: European, French, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Rustic French and Italian
Reviewed January 12, 2017 via mobile

I sat at the bar in an amazing restaurant. The service was great...... the Chef, came out to ask how the food was..... not gonna lie to him.... the food was absolutely delicious. You gotta love people who love to cook good food..... if you are looking, look no further..... Peasant is where it's at.

Reviewed January 10, 2017

I love how the menu is so short, because you can tell that there was a lot of thought into every single dish. I recommend that you try the meatballs, not because they are something spectacular (they aren't), but because the other dishes are overrated and most have dissapointed me. I enjoyed the escargot, but would never try it again. It had a nice flavour, but it seems that its biggest selling point is the fact that eating snail is "weird", not the taste of the dish. The desserts are nothing special. But, the oil they give you with the bread is really good, one of the best I've tried. I only recommend to visit this place once.

1  Thank Lucio C
Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

We have eaten there once a year for three years. It is consistently excellent. My spouse was a little disappointed in the menu this year because most of the meat dishes were more like stews or casseroles-comfort food. Sometimes, you want a great cut of meat, with an interesting side and veggie. Great service.

Reviewed December 27, 2016

We've been to Peasant several times and each time has been outstanding - I've been meaning to write for a while. I went in last week with my Dad and he was so taken with the tomato sauce for his meatball appetizer that I felt compelled to write in a review. Days later, he's still talking about it. The salmon and cassoulet were amazing too, and the restaurant was very accommodating of a gluten allergy. The atmosphere is cheerful, the cocktails delicious and the service friendly and attentive. The owner always makes a point of stopping by the tables to see how everything is. Peasant is top notch and I can't wait to go there again.

Reviewed December 20, 2016

After reading one particularly bad review, my husband and I almost did not try this restaurant. What a loss that would have been for us. The service was excellent. We were seated without a reservation-lucky us! The restaurant quickly filled to capacity and I can see why. I ordered the escargot and a salad and was delighted with my choice. My husband ordered the cassoulet, luckily for me he shared some. Absolutely scrumptious.
We were not the only delighted diners. One woman and her guest purchased two $80 gift certificates for her friends after enjoying their own meals.
I look forward to my next trip to Waitsfield and Peasant.