“Pilgrimage for Cherry Garcia & Phish Food”
Review of Ben & Jerry's

and up
Taste of Vermont Food Tour
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Waterbury
More attraction details
Owner description: For all the euphoric flavors you can't get enough of – especially the ones you can't get in ordinary stores – nobody scoops Ben & Jerry's better than we do at our scoop shops.
Reviewed July 15, 2018

My family loves Ben & Jerry's, so this was a must when we decided to visit New England. It is a long drive out (compared to how close together everything else is in New England, anyway), but we enjoyed it. I would've liked to have been able to observe the factory longer, but I guess they push people through since the viewing area is quite small. The flavor graveyard is fun.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,114)
All reviews
"minute tour"
in 69 reviews
"retired flavors"
in 69 reviews
"free sample at the end"
in 63 reviews
in 84 reviews
"fun stop"
in 56 reviews

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I drove here to Sr how they make ice cream at the factory. There was a long line waiting to buy tickets for the tour, the another long wait for the tour. They showed a commercial/political video first then the tour which was about 10 minutes. We climbed stairs to the second floor overlooking the very small factory. You couldn’t really tell what was going on as the tour guide explained the operation. Very disappointed. They gave everyone a mini scoop of ice cream in a paper pill cup. You also could buy ice cream if you care to wait on line for 45 minutes.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here as the end cap of a nice week-long adventure vacation. There was a lacrosse tournament going on and it was Saturday so that must have accounted for the huge crowds.
We had to wait about 35 min in line for ice cream and didn’t have time for a factory tour.
But the variety of flavors and freshness of the ice cream was worth the wait. The staff was very friendly! We were glad they had lots of cone varieties but I wish they had gluten free cones for my son and I who are allergic. Actually, it would also be a good idea if they put “GF” next to each flavor to signify which ones are gluten free since it can be confusing.
I recommend going on a weekday when less crowded.

Reviewed July 14, 2018

We have visited other factories that offered free tours like Hershey's and Jelly Belly's so we were a little surprised that there was a fee for the tour. With that said, it was an informative tour. Some may be surprised by the political message delivered during the tour but if you know Ben and Jerry, they are dedicated to help others and the environment. After having your sample, take the walk up to the Flavors Graveyard to visit the tombstones of retired flavors. The two-lane highway to leave the area is difficult to cross so you may consider stopping here on the way back from Stowe.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

On the day we went they were doing construction and weren’t offering tours. We watched a brief video and then someone was available if you had any questions. Literally it took 10 minutes and then you got a scoop of ice cream. That day it was s’mores, everyone enjoyed it. Was that worth it, definitely not! We did trek up to the graveyard that had all the retired flavors. I think that was the best part of the trip! We have been to turkey hill in Pennsylvania, and although they don’t do tours they have lots of interactive things to do and they also offer create your own ice cream for a few, and unlimited free ice cream in lots of flavors. I guess we were hoping to something Similar. Overall we really think it wasn’t worth it and definitely wouldn’t recommend it.