“A Vermont Treasure!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2016

We enjoyed a deliciously well-prepared and served meal last night in the cozy atmosphere of this delightful Vermont Inn. The meal was fixed price for 3 courses and included an excellent piano concert between courses. Our party enjoyed filet mignon, salmon, and chicken, and each diner expressed satisfaction with each dish. The desserts were a nice finish to the evening that began with Manhattan's, gin and tonic and a spiked hot cider offering from the bar that we termed "Weston's Autumn Splendor". The combination of excellent food and top-notch entertainment made for a memorable Vermont experience.

Reviewed September 24, 2016

We stayed at the inn for 2 nights and had dinner there both nights. Great inventive dishes, attentive waitstaff, would definitely return.

Reviewed August 21, 2016

We recently had dinner for the first time, pre -Weston Theater production, at the Inn at Weston Restaurant. We usually have dinner at the theater, where, until this year, the Inn has provided the food service and we've always been satisfied. Not incredible food, but perfectly acceptable. But we decided this time to try the Inn. How disappointing, unfortunately.
After a very long wait for drinks to be delivered, our salads arrived. My husband's was a basic side salad; mine was the salad special, a Morrocan carrot salad. Baby carrots which were raw (I expected them to be blanched slightly) needed to be cut with a steak knife! Any flavor was overwhelmed by a heavy pungent spice which was definitely over applied. My husband's steak was medium, not medium rare as ordered. And my lovely pan seared halibut was terribly overdone. What a shame! It was sitting in a large pool of reddish sauce with a tomato taste ( similar to a marinara) which did not compliment the fish at all so I removed the fish to my bread plate. The fingerlings and cauliflower (which had an odd beige color) were also swimming in this distasteful sauce. I should have said something to the waitress and re-ordered just the soup and a basic salad. But we never saw her again until she came to collect our plates and take my husband's dessert order (he had the prix fix). I did tell her then about the overcooked fish so hopefully it was related to the kitchen.
The wine by the bottle list is quite good here; however, the wine by the glass is extremely limited with only 3 each of reds and whites and none of them particularly good. They are not listed, given verbally, and only by varietal, not producer, unless asked. Since the clientele here is made up mostly of theatre goers, I would think excellent wines by the glass would be popular rather than whole bottles. But maybe people order the better bottles and Vermont law allows them to take partial bottles home. When I hesitated about ordering any of their mundane whites by the glass (some of which can be bought for only $4.99 a bottle, likewise with two of their reds, and they charge $10. a glass!), the owner did offer a glass of something better.
The decor in the dining rooms is lovely, an old colonial building typical of New England. And the patio and garden are top notch. The service is ok, considering that pre-theater is their busy time, but then again, they are used to that. But in a restaurant of this caliber, with prices to match, the food should be delicious and cooked to perfection.
As a p.s. - I was up most of the night with a stomach ache, which I attribute to either the salad spice or the fish sauce, since I had nothing after that and only a simple cottage cheese/fruit lunch.

Reviewed August 13, 2016

Impeccable service, delicious fresh food. Variety for any taste preference! Chef Craig and the whole kitchen staff really cater to your every need.

Reviewed August 8, 2016

We come to the Weston Playhouse each year and eat locally. Weston is a small town and there are not a lot of choices. Inn at Weston is # 1 in my book. We ate at Bryant House and it is OK. We ate at West Town at it is poor (see my review) (never to return and never to patronize their home restaurant in Ludlow).

Inn at Weston is truly fine dining. Excellent service; excellent food; lovely ambiance. Can't ask for anything more.