“Book somewhere else” 1 of 5 bubbles

Comfort Inn
foxboro
“Book somewhere else”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Had to use motel overnite several times was visiting family at VA hospital.They discount rooms for that.Rooms are dirty,Checking in girl at desk wasnt there had to call from our phone for someone to come out of back room,Dog friendly can use any room I was told,Wonder how many rooms animals have been in and your bedspread does not get washed every customer,Breakfast was just ok.Had to change room once because bathroom smell of urine.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank garybette

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Wood Hole, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

Comfort Inn was a little less expensive than the local competition, just under $100 with my AAA card. First impressions were OK. Lobby was fine, check-in friendly and easy. Room was fine on the face of it, clean roomy, furnished just fine. The elevator was the first turn-off -- had a noisy fan, I think, quite a loud disturbing whine. My biggest complaint was that the walls in the room seemed paper thin. I could hear every little noise from the guy next door -- sounded like he was in the room with me. Fortunately I was getting up early, because there was enough noise that I wouldn't have been able to sleep through it as I was getting dressed and ready to go between 6 and 6:30.

On the positive side, wifi worked well, free breakfast predictably mediocre but started at 6:30 which was helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Freeport, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

not up to comfort inn standards, not even close. Personnel were unfriendly and the hotel seemed "tired".

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these White River Junction hotels

Natick, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

My beau and I stayed at the Comfort Inn in White River Junction on the night of October 30, 2011. It was a last minute decision to turn a day trip planned for the 31st into an overnight. We have visited this area many times in the past and stayed in this hotel several times in the past without complaint. We called to check availability a few hours in advance and were told there would be no problem getting a room there for the night and that our dog would be welcome. When we travel at the last minute and we stay at the comfort inns we don't expect 4 star treatment, but we expect something better then what we got. While checking in (we did not make a reservation) we negotiated a lower room rate. The hotel had a lot of open rooms and we were hopping to save a few dollars. No problem. We were told we would be charged $10 below the AAA rate of $89. Great! We asked for a non-smoking room. No problem. The room we were given did not smell of smoke but there were several cigarette burns in the carpet. The room was not the worst I've stayed in, but everything felt a bit worn out and old. There was only a shower curtain, with no shower liner so after my beau took a shower, the curtain was soaked and gross. It was an indication that they are looking for ways to cut corners. Also, it is a pretty gross if it is not washed in between every guest. The toilet, itself looked like it came out of an elementary school bathroom. I'm 6' tall and when I sat down, it felt like I was sitting on the floor. Never experienced that in other hotels before. The bathroom door was a cheap and the wood was peeling off it on the corners. The pillows on the bed were super thin and flimsy and there weren't enough of them to stack up to feel like even one good pillow. In the middle of the night or super early in the morning there were doors slamming in the hall right next to the room and I could hear people chatting. One of the rooms next to ours was a janitors/cleaning closet. Although I'm not 100% positive, I am fairly certain it was hotel staff making the noise as the guest room on the other side was completely silent all night so I think it was empty.

The worst part of this experience was at the check out. While checking out, the person at the front desk would not honor the negotiated rate that the person on the night before promised. I made the mistake of not closely looking at the slip I signed when I checked in, which listed the AAA rate. Shame on me for that. I could deal with paying the extra $10, but instead of handling it professionally, the guy at the front desk was rude and insisted that the hotel "never negotiates lower rates" and all but called my beau a liar. This could have been handled so much better by the hotel staff. We have stayed here several times and never been thrilled with the place but have been very content with it. We have referred friends and family to stay there. We will not be referring any business to them in the future and we will not be returning.

Room Tip: Read the form you sign at check in carefully to make sure the rate quoted you is the rate they are r...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Davis, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

This motel can be saved, but it will take a complete makeover.
The interior looks and smells worn out. The death-warmed-over fluorescent lighting in the hallways gives the place a creepy look. Anything wooden in the building (including desks and chairs) should be tossed and replaced.
The lighting above the sinks is so dim, you can't see yourself shaving.
If you must stay there, demand a room away from the ice machines and on the front side of the building. There is an industrial/trucking operation on the back side and the windows are not soundproofed.
Some of the staff was helpful, but the rest need to be trained about the meaning of "hospitality" as in "hospitality industry."

Room Tip: Upper floor, front side of building, away from ice machines.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

Room was excellant. Tv's worked great. Great location with the Blue Moon buffet accross the street, and the McDonalds.
My only issue with the
suites are that they need some sort of curtain that you can close off between the two rooms.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank fredvp
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

Overall the hotel was okay. Stayed here for two weeks for work. Other hotels in the area were booked up.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
0.6 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
0.4 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White Riv...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
2.2 km away
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Lebanon

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!