“Homey & Fancy combined.......”
Review of Our House Bistro

Our House Bistro
Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Winooski
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 5, 2018

Good food with a little extra. Rich and tasty. Comfortable atmosphere. Friendly staff. Innovative style.

Reviewed August 2, 2018

So, first, I have to say that our visit to Burlington in general was overwhelmingly plagued by smokers (of all kinds of smokable things) that seemed everywhere. Just a general fug of smoke. We chose to sit outside at Our House as it was a beautiful evening, not realizing that we were sitting in smokers' paradise. Our fault, really, but it was gross for us. The menu is fantastic but the food just wasn't that good. Four people ordered four different items and we all said our dish was "okay."

Reviewed July 18, 2018

My wife and I caught a quick lunch here the other day while shopping in Winooski. The place was really cute and had lots of old lunch boxes decorating the walls. The menu was a little weird, there was a whole page of just different kinds of Mac and Cheese. I got the chicken pot pie, it was decent but could have been better. My wife got a BLT and had about the same opinion of her food. The price was pretty fair for two people having lunch with a couple of beers.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

We went for lunch today with the family. Outside the front door was a list of their weekly specials. When you walked in the restaurant on the back wall was a large black board with their weekly specials. When you sent down at the table there was a piece of paper telling you about their weekly specials. The weekly specials sounded absolutely fantastic. My wife and I were happy to order two of the specials but unfortunately the waitress pointed out to us that the specials were not available until after 3 PM. It’s never much fun to have to change your order because the restaurant can’t be bothered to take down their list of specials. The fact that they were completely unapologetic and made no effort to fix the issue says an awful lot.
It used to be impossible to get a table on a Saturday or Sunday at this restaurant now there are tons of empty tables. This was once a great restaurant. I do hope that they are able to pull things back together.

Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

We were visiting Vermont and this was recommended. It is a very small place but quaint and quirky. We arrived at 7:00pm on a Thursday evening and with a party of 6 had to wait for 40 minutes. I normally wouldn’t wait that long but it worked out for us since we still had to wait for most of our party. It also gave us a chance to walk around and shop a little. The food was very good and the service outstanding. We had: Irish egg rolls- like a Reuben rolled up and fried. Artichoke dip-delicious with large pieces of spinach and artichoke and served with grilled baguette. Traditional Mac and cheese- served very hot so the cheese is melty and crunchy breadcrumbs on top. Others ordered lobster Mach and cheese, fried chicken mac and cheese and a veggie burger. Everyone enjoyed their meals. We’d definitely go back if we return to The area.