“Lovely setting, soaring ceilings”

Waterworks Food + Drink
Ranked #6 of 32 Restaurants in Winooski
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The new WaterWorks Food + Drink is a revival of the old WaterWorks that used to occupy the historical Champlain Mill in Winooski, Vermont. Serving eclectic american cuisine that reflects the cultural diversity of its past... Everything from Lebanese meatballs to Persian naan, to American veggie pot pie. WaterWorks also has an extensive bar collection of local and worldly craft brews, new and old world wines, and cocktails ranging from the tried & true to in-house craft. WaterWorks overlooks the Winooski river with an indoor solarium and outdoor deck seating. Most of the original brick and beam structure in the mill has been maintained, and reinvigorated to create a warm post-industrial chic locale to catch up with friends, family, or co-workers, grab a drink, a bite, and take in the view.
Reviewed December 3, 2015

I sat at the bar, waiting for my friend for lunch. I ordered a high end Chardonnay which I disliked because it was too oaky. I didn't complain but when the bartender asked if I liked it, I said no. He immediately replaced the wine with a great wine that I liked and didn't charge for the disliked wine. The grilled cheese panini was just ok but the fries with an addictive white dip were stupendous! I couldn't stop eating them. Yum. The server was a sweetheart who gave us the right the amount of attention. My friend was disappointed the steak sandwich wasn't available although she seemed to enjoy the hamburger. She had had the steak sandwich before and was looking forward to ordering it again. The manager told us that the restaurant was looking for a new steak supplier.

1  Thank Linda L
WaterWorksVT, Social Media Team at Waterworks Food + Drink, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2015

Thank you very much for your review. We always strive to make sure you enjoy every aspect of your meal, so if there is anything that isn't completely to your liking we will always do our best to help you find something else that you will fully enjoy. We are very sorry that the Steak Sandwich was not available for your friend, but please let your friend know that it is back on the menu. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 29, 2015

Had a very enjoyable meal in late August, the menu wasn't extensive (or inexpensive) but the food was very well prepared. The beer selection was outstanding as was the service. Our group of four ate outdoors in late August as we couldn't get a reservation inside. The view of Winooski Falls was fabulous but we were equally impressed with the interior conversion in the old Champlain Mill. We'll be coming back the next time we're in town.

Thank you so much for you review. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here over the summer. We look forward to seeing you again. If you join us again when the weather is being Vermont-y make sure to ask for a table on the water for an equally impressive view. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 18, 2015

We had heard great things about this restaurant, but it seemed a bit "pricier" than other local establishments. We opted to try brunch there, and now we can't wait to go back. When the wait at Sneakers was over an hour, we walked over to Waterworks...and were immediately gifted with what must be the best table in the house. The waiter was amazingly attentive and helpful. I ultimately decided upon The Dye House as my drink...and it was perfect! I'm really looking forward to drinking a few more of these....
Our meals were very, very good. I heard excellent reports on the Chicken & Waffles, and the Biscuits & Gravy. I tried some of the Eggs Benedict...which comes with chopped ham & bacon...so a bit salty for me, but those who ordered it LOVED it. I tried the Lobster Benedict which was very, very flavorful. But the hands down favorite was the Cinnamon Bun...oh, so delicious!
This meal was a fantastic family experience, and we are definitely looking forward to more inspiring meals at this place.
I did see that some reviewers mentioned a "limited" menu. It is true, that the menu is not page after page. But each of us found found options to choose from, and I personally think that this means that the chefs are able to focus on perfected meals, rather than cookie cutter food that you can get anywhere.

Thank you so much for the great review and pictures. We're very glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience. We hope to get the opportunity to get to serve you for lunch and dinner as well. We will ready to serve you up a fresh Dye House. Cheers! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 17, 2015

I enjoyed Waterworks ("WW") when I ate there on Sunday night got there about seven and we were immediately seated. And attractive room, with a nice view of the river. The green salads were small, and no choices of dressings, just vimegrette., which was fine. Had a great appetizer of oysters, followed by a delicious pasta with lobster entree. My buddy had short ribs, so these two of about twelve entrees were very good. The service was okay.

Reviewed November 16, 2015 via mobile

We were regular guests at Waterworks in its original incarnation and were sad when the restaurant closed. For some reason we never really thought about going back after the reopening until just a few nights ago.

First impression: The place is beautiful. Still the soaring ceilings, big windows, and commanding view of the Winooski River cascades.

Second impression: The staff people are welcoming to the point of seeming genuinely glad to see you.

The rest of the impressions: The Waterworks is back and better than ever.

We had a bottle of Clayhouse Adobe red wine from Paso Robles, the whipped feta dip, Lobster Pasta, and Steak Frites. We shared a plate of Churros and a nicely pulled Latte.

From start to finish, top to bottom, the food was excellent, the service spot on, and all in a very comfortable and interesting venue.

we will be back at Waterworks, for sure and recommend it highly. Actually, we've already been back.

WaterWorksVT, Social Media Team at Waterworks Food + Drink, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2015

Thank you so much for your kind review. We hope to keep you coming back as a regular at the new Waterworks as well. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy Holidays!

Cheers,