“2nd Visit, Definitely Recommend!”

Wolf Creek Indian Village & Museum
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Bastian
Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

We visited here 10 years ago and had a less than stellar visit. A lot has changed in 10 years!

First: picnic area, clean/nice bathrooms, plenty of space to stretch your legs and let the kids run around, located just off the interstate.

Second: Friendly and professional staff. Flora was our guide and she was lovely. I wish I had caught the name of the woman in the gift shop....she was so friendly and upbeat!

Third: The site is very cool with reconstructed buildings, each with their own purpose and explanation. The surroundings and creek are beautiful as well. I probably learned as much as my 8 year old lol

Price: $10/adult, $6 kids, 5 and under free. You can go in the gift shop etc...for free, you just can't view the museum or village without paying.

Date of experience: April 2018
in 5 reviews
"mosquitoes"
"archaeology"

Reviewed December 12, 2017

We decided to just self-tour since we were on a road trip and wanted to stay on schedule. The lady inside the visitor center/museum (no pictures allowed in museum) was very nice and told us about how this archaeology site was found in 1970 when I-77 was being cut through. They found remains of bones and village and were able to date it back to 1480 - 1520 but they were not able to tell the ethnicity of the people. The graves are market with signs telling the age of the person and the position the bones were found in.

I enjoyed the short, easy walk to the village and found parts of it to be very scenic. I especially loved the hawk feathers hanging from some of the trees marking the trail (the trail is very easy to follow without them but it was a nice touch). The recreated village is well done and very interesting.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

Just happened upon this after spotting a sign on the Interstate . And am so glad I did. Absolutely fascinating. The guide was so interesting, and was able to enlighten us with stories of her family and childhood. I could have listened to her for hours!

The village has been sensitively restored, in a beautiful setting. Lovely gift shop, and friendly staff who made this a very enjoyable visit.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed June 30, 2017

Very nice and informative. Flora our tour guide was awesome. The trail to the village is 1100 foot and a little steep. There's a golf cart that you can ride down to the village. I would recommend it if you have trouble walking up or down a hill. It's $10 for the museum and village, well worth it.

Date of experience: June 2017