“Excellent guide made this visit special!”

Wolf Creek Indian Village & Museum
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Bastian
Reviewed August 14, 2018

We stumbled upon this place while driving through West Virginia. Two hours well spent! It is only about 5 minutes off the HW, follow the signs. Parking is free, bathrooms are spotless, and the lady in the museum is really sweet. 55+ senior discount, no student discount.

Our visit would never be the same without our amazing and entertaining guide "Crazy John" (as he referred to himself). John was personable, funny, knowledgable and informative, and added a lot of character to our visit. He provided us with a lively, hands-on tour of the grounds, and even gifted us hand-made bracelets. Spending the hour-long visit with John was refreshing and engaging. As English is not my native language, I had fun trying to understand John's "Virginian slang," as he called it. You can buy some of John's handiwork (arrow heads, bracelets, etc.) in the museum shop - and we sure did. John made our trip very special! He even advised us how to avoid traffic on HW 77 by taking a scenic route through the WV border. What a beautiful detour it was! We wish you all the best, John! We hope that many more people will experience your cheerful personality and engaging guidance through the interesting grounds of Wolf Creek Village!

1  Thank Eva F
in 5 reviews
"depicted"
"archaeology"

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

Had a free day and decided to take a local place off the list. I’ve lived within 30 minutes my whole life and never visited. Such a nice place. Our guide Mary was very knowledgeable. Lots of hands on stuff to touch and feel. From the 1500s a great history lesson. Recommend it for those interested in nature or history.

Reviewed June 28, 2018

While rving in Tennessee we decided to take a side trip to Bastian,Va. to tour this attraction. We are so glad that we did. Bland County has done a remarkable job in re-creating this Indian Village and Museum. We took the guided tour and our guide Lexie was the absolute best. She is young, energetic and very knowledgeable in her presentations about the village and the artifacts. This is a must see and do for a side trip or just to go there by itself. We are so very glad that it exists and we thank Bland County Va. for re-creating a great piece of our history.

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I really enjoyed visiting here. We took the guided tour and our tour guide was very knowledgable, explaining a lot about the people in this village and other Woodland Indian tribes. She showed my daughter how to play a few Indian games and let her try them herself. The gift shop has some amazing products and paintings done by local American Indians. The property was very clean -but bring your bug spray - the mosquitoes were out the morning we went! Very cool place to spend a few hours!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

We visited here 10 years ago and had a less than stellar visit. A lot has changed in 10 years!

First: picnic area, clean/nice bathrooms, plenty of space to stretch your legs and let the kids run around, located just off the interstate.

Second: Friendly and professional staff. Flora was our guide and she was lovely. I wish I had caught the name of the woman in the gift shop....she was so friendly and upbeat!

Third: The site is very cool with reconstructed buildings, each with their own purpose and explanation. The surroundings and creek are beautiful as well. I probably learned as much as my 8 year old lol

Price: $10/adult, $6 kids, 5 and under free. You can go in the gift shop etc...for free, you just can't view the museum or village without paying.