“A Nice Lunch”

Town Kitchen & Provisions
Ranked #2 of 62 Restaurants in Bedford
Reviewed October 15, 2018

We were taking a break from hiking at the Peaks of Otter and came here on our daughter's recommendation, since she used to work in downtown Bedford. We were here with her and our two grand daughters.

The restaurant is located in an old house. You order at the counter, find a table and your food finds you.

Grand daughters ordered plain hamburgers. OK, but way overcooked. My wife and I had excellent Mediterranean salads with some really nice dressing. It was loaded with fresh lettuce, hummus, Feta, etc. Daughter had a fried chicken sandwich that she loved.

It was a Saturday afternoon and the place was full when we left at 12:30.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 8, 2018

In a turn of the century house, near down town Bedford Virginia, I had the great good fortune of eating at town Kitchen and Provisions. The food is freshly made daily. they use no Plastics, They have craft Beers and local wines available with your meal. Everything is fresh! The staff are Curtious and Friendly and above all knowledgeable about their foods and provisions.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018

After reading the awesome reviews for this little locally-owned deli style cafe, we planned a little day trip around having lunch there. Very cute little place in the heart of Bedford, with outdoor and indoor seating. Easy ramp and spacious restroom for those concerned with accessibility.
We got there around 1:00 on pretty Saturday afternoon and they were busy. All but one outdoor table was full and a few of the indoor tables. I had my heart set on the Friar Cluck chicken sandwich, as everyone seems to rave about those online. I was disappointed to find that they were sold out. They were also sold out of my back-up plan, The Dispey Russell roast beef sandwich. I ended up settling for a burger, but what a delicious one it was! Fresh beef, not a frozen patty, with lots of flavor. For my side, I chose the black-eyed pea salad which was also very good, with a light, vinegar dressing.
My beau had a country ham & pimento cheese sandwich on toasted bread. Classic southern style sandwich and not a bit skimpy on the ingredients.
Good food, made fresh in a cute unique setting. We would definitely eat there again if we were in the area.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 22, 2018

You order at a counter, choose your seat and then they bring you the food. Everyone liked their food a lot. I had the tomato pie, which was the special. You can choose a side and I chose succotash - a good Southern meal! My husband had a falafel wrap - so you can see the interesting variety. The people were friendly.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed April 26, 2018

This is a unique sandwich/salad place that augments its menu with daily specials. We each had the broccoli and mushroom quiche, with a side of potato salad and banana pudding for dessert. All homemade and delicious. They have seating outside and inside. Order and pay at the counter and they bring your food to you. Very pleasant all around.

Date of visit: April 2018