“Best hot dog”

Add it.
Bob & Cheryl's Rainbow Drive
Ranked #31 of 62 Restaurants in Bedford
Reviewed January 3, 2018

The hot dogs are special and the super burger is great. Very cheap eats and always good. Dining room is pretty small.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Local owners, has been a staple in Bedford for many years, Best hot dogs and fries around, friendly staff, quick service.

Reviewed October 14, 2015

This place has been operating for as long as I can remember and is great if you need a quick meal. The food is typical diner fare at very reasonable prices. Service is quick but forget your check book and credit cards as they only take cash.

Reviewed July 17, 2015

My wife and I were in Bedford checking out some yard sales in the area when we decided to stop for something to eat. I generally try to bypass the fast food establishments in favor of local fare. We had pulled into another restaurant just down the road only to learn they closed at 2PM. Although it was not yet 2, having worked in retail for many years, I know those last minute customers are not a welcome sight at the end of the day, so we opted to move on. Hence we arrived at the Rainbow Drive In.

We were somewhat confused as to how service was handled when we entered. There was no sign saying "Please Wait to be Seated" and none saying "Please Seat Yourself". After standing by the door for a bit and getting no reaction from anyone we took a booth. A menu board hung over the counter with a selection of burgers and regular lunch-time fare. No one approached our booth for service or menu so we guessed, abet correctly that you select from the menu board and order at the counter.

We both ordered spaghetti. My wife got just the meat sauce, I got the sauce with meatballs. The spaghetti was served with two nice pieces of garlic bread. We also ordered a chicken wing appetizer (5 pieces). We were both very pleased with the quality and size of the servings.

Upon leaving I found there was another side to the diner and that side appeared to have servers attending the tables. There was also a salad bar with a very fresh looking selection.

I assume that the locals know how the service works and the proper place to sit to get whatever you are looking for. There was a fair lunch-time crowd and we didn't hear anyone complaining,

Meals are served on paper products and service is standard flatware. Our meal with soft drinks came to a very reasonable $17.00.

While far from gourmet, this diner served very good food for a reasonable price. A bit short on atmosphere, but we were not looking for that. We will probably return if we are in Bedford again.

1  Thank Wizzard_Man
Reviewed December 2, 2014

Lots of folks have talked about this places and how good the food is. My husband and I checked it out and have no clue what people were talking about. The food was awful. The service was slow, almost non-existent--and we were the only ones in the dining area. We will not visit again.