“Weekend Trip”
Review of Rosemont Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berryville
Rosemont Manor
Ranked #2 of 6 Berryville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 December 2011

My fiancee and I purchased a LivingSocial deal for Rosemont Manor for a small getaway weekend from DC. The hotel is located just outside of downtown Berryville and is the former residence of Senator Harry Byrd of Virginia. It was decorated for the Holidays with pine garland which added to the ambiance and was quite nice. Upon reception, we were greeted with wine and cheese and some recommendations for local eateries. The staff was very helpful as well as they put our leftovers into the main refrigerator to keep as the rooms did not have mini-fridges.

We stayed in the Churchill Suite, which was quite spacious with a four poster bed. The bathroom appeared to have been fairly recently remodeled with tiling and a his and hers vanity. The soaking tub was large and can comfortably accomodate someone larger than 6 feet tall. There is no separate shower, so you'll have to use the nozzle extension to take a shower in the soaking tub which is a bit difficult but managable.

We had a nice time and would stay there again.

Just a fair warning for booking a room. You can only book a room within a 60 day timeframe, so if you are looking make advanced reservations for a date more than 60 days away you cannot do it per the Rosemont Manor's policy.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 December 2011

My husband and I bought a deal through Groupon and decided to go there for a weekend trip. The place was charming, the Christmas decorations made it look even prettier. We stayed at the Eisenhower Suite. The Suite was cozy, (fyi there are no tvs at the Inn). The bathroom was a bit outdated but had a soaking tub. The innkeeper was very sweet and informative. We have a special dietary request and he was more than happy to take care of it. He provided good options for meals as well. Rosemont Inn provided a picnic lunch which we thought was a nice touch. Breakfast was not very impressive but the service was great.
First night we had dinner at Berryville Grille. It's a local, casual dining option. The food was decent. The environment was great, Heidi, owner of the restaurant was very sweet. The second night, we went to Battletown Inn. This was a fine dining option in Berryville. I think this place was okay, we didn't find the food flavorful, it was just a whole lot of butter. My husband got trout, and the bones were still in it. A bit disappointing.

Overall Rosemont Inn was pretty decent and the trip was very relaxing.

Room Tip: Eisenhower Suite was nice!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We had our wedding at Rosemont, on Sunday, November 6th. Everything went as expected, with a few glitches (but no wedding is perfect)! My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it, and had a great time. We reserved this facility because it can house both the ceremony and reception. Most of my relatives are ederly and have difficulty getting around, so this made it an excellent choice.

Thanks to Michael for all his help, especially on the day of, as it started off very hectic (our fault for arriving later than suggested). Michael even made the mens boutonnieres to help us save some money.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding here last weekend. If you are thinking of booking a wedding then I would seriously advise against it. The innkeeper was rude and unprofessional. The "event planner" was snippy and barked orders at us like we were children. (I am 45 years old) If you have the wedding here you must use their caterers and believe me when I tell you that neither the food nor the service was worth 70.00 a plate. I am a business owner and I would be appalled if my employees treated customers in the manner that we were treated. If you want a joyful event this is definitely not the place!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank LICORICE7021
RMInnkeeper, Owner at Rosemont Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2011

We at Rosemont are quite surprised by this review, as was the groom of this wedding, who posted a positive and complimentary review on November 30, 2011.
Nevertheless, at Rosemont, it is our desire that every person that steps through our doors or on to our 60-acre grounds has a wonderful experience and leaves feeling like a member of the family. We sincerely regret that it appears that wasn’t the case for this particular individual.
Regardless of whether someone comes to us for a relaxing and luxurious stay at our Bed and Breakfast, as a bride or groom for their very special day, or as a guest at a wedding or corporate event, their comfort is our top priority. It is in this spirit that we attempt to meet the individual needs of each guest.
During the event which is described in the above review, there were many Rosemont patrons on the property. In addition to the wedding, which was beautiful and highly praised by the bride and groom (who was very surprised by Licorice7021’s review and posted his own review on November 30, 2011), there were also a number of overnight guests staying in the main manor which were not associated with the wedding. (Our brides and grooms have the option to reserve rooms in the main manor in order to have exclusive rights to the property. In this case, the wedding party did not choose that option.)
In order to maintain the privacy and comfort of both the wedding guests, and the B&B folks, in cases like this, there are certain locations and amenities on the Rosemont grounds that are designated for each group. During the event in question above, the individual who wrote this review was repeatedly asked to respect the boundaries between the two groups and to honor the privacy of the B&B guests and to refrain from the amenities and privileges that are maintained for those guests who have paid for a room at the Manor.
It was this “difference of opinion” as to what she, as a member of a wedding party which was not using rooms in the manor, was entitled to, that led to the interaction which has been characterized as “rude”, “unprofessional” and “snippy”. We do genuinely regret that any offense was taken in terms of the way our policies were communicated.
However, we stand by our policies that create boundaries between groups when more than one group is enjoying Rosemont at the same time. Again, when availability permits, we offer the right of first refusal to every bride to reserve as many or all of the rooms in the manor so that the wedding party can have full access to the main manor and its amenities. This particular bride and groom had a small ceremony and had no need of this option. Further, they were very gracious in understanding these boundaries both before and during the event. We had a wonderful time with this sweet couple, and their comments to us afterwards about everything – from the ceremony to the food to the service and staff – were overwhelmingly positive.
It is unfortunate that the feelings of one individual have cast a shadow on an otherwise beautiful and memorable event that was enjoyed by the bridal couple and their lovely family and friends. Nonetheless, we are happy to have hosted this wonderful group and we wish them all the best in the future.
William “Biff” Genda
Owner

Reviewed 9 November 2011

When my fiance and I purchased a Groupon deal, we had planned on getting married in the nearby town of Winchester. But, after speaking with Michael at Rosemont, they were very eager and willing to host a small wedding for only 8 of us! They took care of every last detail since we are from Pittsburgh, PA. The wedding was beautiful and the dinner amazing. The service was also top notch. We stayed in the Churchill suite which was beautiful. The room was very large and the bathroom had a soaking tub with a handheld shower. The grounds and views were beautiful. This, by far, was one of the best decisions we made. Our intimate wedding will definitely be one to remember!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Wendy S
Reviewed 1 November 2011

In the last 2 years, this 200 year old mansion was fully restored to its original elegance. It is the only major historic home in Virginia operated as a bed and breakfast. The suites are large. Standard rooms are ample. All are tastefully appointed and decorated. The Churchill and Eisenhower Suites are my favorite. The other suites are grand and were also named for famous Rosemont guests such as Kennedy, Nixon, Johnson, Einstein, etc. Rosemont is in the heart of Virginia wine country and an hour from D.C. Breakfasts are uniquely delicious and reflect the gracious southern hospitality you would expect in a manor home set on 60 acres of lush, manicured grounds.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JoeLouise45
Reviewed 20 October 2011

A beautiful fall day (October 16) + wonderful friends + high tea at an amazing, historic manor home in the heart of Virginia = PRICELESS! My friends and I felt transported in time to the beautifully restored and historic Rosemont Manor where so many of our Presidents came for rest and relaxation. Owner, Biff, was a gracious host. We felt instantly at home as we toured this lovely Bed and Breakfast and heard many of the stories of presidents and dignitaries. High tea was served in the elegant, but cheerful dining room. The savory sandwiches were delicious followed by outstanding scones. Each table was served tea out of different and interesting tea pots - everyone enjoyed the different teas that were served. My friends and I decided to meet for tea when we spotted a special offer on one of the social networks. The owner and staff have some unique ideas they are pursuing such as "Tea Theater" and special teas. I will definitely be back. Too bad I've been married 46 years as this lovely place is a very special wedding venue indeed! Oh well, perhaps an anniversary in one of their lovely rooms :)

Room Tip: The suites are large and lovely, but all the rooms are uniquely appointed - you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank byhisgrace9

Been to Rosemont Manor? Share your experiences!